Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > OS X

Old Jul 20, 2011, 11:30 PM   #1
hopegrad
macrumors newbie

OS X Stuck on the Install Screen ... Help Please

Hi Everyone:

My install problem is a little different from others. I am stuck on the OS X install screen. The status bar is not moving at all with an estimated install time of 33 minutes. However, it has been this way for 45 minutes. Is there a way to abort this installation? I have tried rebooting twice but cannot get back to the Snow Leopard start up screen.

Any advice is welcome,

Tom
hopegrad is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 20, 2011, 11:42 PM   #2
r0k
macrumors 68040

Quote:
Originally Posted by hopegrad View Post
Hi Everyone:

My install problem is a little different from others. I am stuck on the OS X install screen. The status bar is not moving at all with an estimated install time of 33 minutes. However, it has been this way for 45 minutes. Is there a way to abort this installation? I have tried rebooting twice but cannot get back to the Snow Leopard start up screen.

Any advice is welcome,

Tom
The time counter is a placebo. Go watch a movie. Or two. Mine was stuck on 33 minutes for about 40 minutes. Later it was stuck on 17 minutes for about 10 minutes. I have a 2008 Macbook with a geekbench score in the low 3000's. I would imagine a Mini is a bit slower. Take a walk. Take a breath. No need to abort.
r0k is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 21, 2011, 12:42 AM   #3
hopegrad
macrumors newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by r0k View Post
The time counter is a placebo. Go watch a movie. Or two. Mine was stuck on 33 minutes for about 40 minutes. Later it was stuck on 17 minutes for about 10 minutes. I have a 2008 Macbook with a geekbench score in the low 3000's. I would imagine a Mini is a bit slower. Take a walk. Take a breath. No need to abort.
THANKS!

Tom
hopegrad is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 21, 2011, 01:48 AM   #4
clientsiman
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Originally Posted by hopegrad View Post
Hi Everyone:

Any advice is welcome,

Tom
The remaining time is terribly inaccurate, don't warry.
clientsiman is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > OS X