Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > OS X > Mac OS X 10.7 Lion

Old Jul 21, 2011, 03:45 AM   #1
Henry Li
macrumors member

Cannot swipe back between previous page and next page in Finder (Lion)

After updating to Lion, I cannot swipe back to previous page in Finder with either three fingers or two two fingers, as if what I did in Snow Leopard. Any solution to it?

Thanks!
Henry Li is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 21, 2011, 03:47 AM   #2
Dalton63841
macrumors 65816

Trackpad Prefpane, More Gestures, Swipe Between Pages. Easy fix.
Old Jul 21, 2011, 03:53 AM   #3
Alveezy
macrumors regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dalton63841 View Post
i have this enabled but it disables my Three-Finger Drag.
Alveezy is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 21, 2011, 03:59 AM   #4
Henry Li
macrumors member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dalton63841 View Post
It does not support two-finger swipe in Finder. Once you turn on three-finger swipe, it works, but swiping between fullscreen apps will become 4 fingers which sounds quite strange to me.

Therefore, I better abandon the swiping within Finder. I'm disappointed with Lion.
Henry Li is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 21, 2011, 06:39 PM   #5
Piplodocus
macrumors regular

Ah, that's better! Just was annoyed by not being able to swipe back, and found it here - set to 3-finger page swipe.

I'm not bothered about 3 finger drag. I'd end up dragging stuff random places sooner or later!
17" Mid-2010 2.66GHz i7 MBP, 8GB RAM, 256GB Crucial M4 SSD + 5400rpm 1TB HDD (in MCE optibay), FW400/USB2.0 external Freecom DVD-RW, MOTU 828mk3. PC with iTunes/iCloud set-up. C2D Hackintosh. iPhone 5
Piplodocus is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 21, 2011, 09:39 PM   #6
technopimp
macrumors 6502a

I have this problem...I have 3 finger swipe enabled, but as soon as you switch to another app from your Finder window and then back, the swipe won't work. I have to open a new Finder window, then it will work again. Driving me absolutely insane...why did they have to screw with the basics???
technopimp is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 5, 2011, 02:47 AM   #7
iamjimbob
macrumors newbie

I was also missing the 3-finger swipe in safari and finder, but also thing think the two finger swipe is good also, especially for pdfs. If you change the 'Swipe between pages' to 2 or 3, it gives you the old three finger back, but doesn't lose the new two-finger gesture. It does mean the swiping between full-screen apps moves to 4 fingers, but that is manageable. Much happier now I've found that.
iamjimbob is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 5, 2011, 09:39 AM   #8
alandlc
macrumors newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamjimbob View Post
I was also missing the 3-finger swipe in safari and finder, but also thing think the two finger swipe is good also, especially for pdfs. If you change the 'Swipe between pages' to 2 or 3, it gives you the old three finger back, but doesn't lose the new two-finger gesture. It does mean the swiping between full-screen apps moves to 4 fingers, but that is manageable. Much happier now I've found that.
This is what worked for me. I thought a gesture for going back and forward a page would be universal (i.e., just two-finger swipe), but whatever, this is what I did.

Sucks there's no option for this on the Magic Mouse, though. Going back/forward a page is one-finger swipe, whereas swiping between full-screen apps in two. If you change back/forward to two-finger swipe, it disables the ability to swipe between full-screen apps. Lame.
alandlc is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > OS X > Mac OS X 10.7 Lion