Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > OS X > Mac OS X 10.7 Lion

Old Jul 21, 2011, 07:52 AM   #1
ChocoboNL
macrumors member

Deleting Contact Groups in new Address Book

Hi Forum,

Like many of you I just got Lion, looks good.. But I accidentally created a contact group in the new Address book and I don't know how to delete it.. Backspace doesn't work - nor does it work in combinations with any modifier keys - and 'edit - delete' is greyed out.. Does anyone know?

Thanks!
Old Jul 21, 2011, 07:55 AM   #2
davecheng
macrumors newbie

Go to group view, click (highlight) the group name, then go to the menu Edit > Delete Group

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChocoboNL View Post
Hi Forum,

Like many of you I just got Lion, looks good.. But I accidentally created a contact group in the new Address book and I don't know how to delete it.. Backspace doesn't work - nor does it work in combinations with any modifier keys - and 'edit - delete' is greyed out.. Does anyone know?

Thanks!
davecheng is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 30, 2011, 05:58 PM   #3
ChocoboNL
macrumors member

Thanks, very helpful indeed.
Old Dec 15, 2011, 02:46 PM   #4
grtgrfx
macrumors newbie

Deleting still not an option

Quote:
Originally Posted by davecheng View Post
Go to group view, click (highlight) the group name, then go to the menu Edit > Delete Group
Doesn't work for me; clicked on the group name, Delete Group is grayed out. If it matters, the group was created by adding an Exchange server in Mail, but that Mail account was deleted. The Address Groups seem orphans that can't be gotten rid of.
grtgrfx is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 15, 2011, 03:15 PM   #5
Mal
macrumors 603

Quote:
Originally Posted by grtgrfx View Post
Doesn't work for me; clicked on the group name, Delete Group is grayed out. If it matters, the group was created by adding an Exchange server in Mail, but that Mail account was deleted. The Address Groups seem orphans that can't be gotten rid of.
In Address Book, look at Preferences -> Accounts. If that Exchange server is there, delete it from there as well.

jW
NoiseTrade.com/Walker
Mal is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 1, 2012, 01:24 PM   #6
bowtech83
macrumors newbie

I dont have a mac I use Itunes

download an app number guru and it put a contact group on my phone as number guru trying to delete anyone can help me? i use Itunes on my computer I dont have a mac.....
bowtech83 is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > OS X > Mac OS X 10.7 Lion