Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > OS X > Mac OS X 10.7 Lion

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old Jul 21, 2011, 07:52 AM   #1
ChocoboNL
macrumors member
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Deleting Contact Groups in new Address Book

Hi Forum,

Like many of you I just got Lion, looks good.. But I accidentally created a contact group in the new Address book and I don't know how to delete it.. Backspace doesn't work - nor does it work in combinations with any modifier keys - and 'edit - delete' is greyed out.. Does anyone know?

Thanks!
__________________
16-bit Super Nintendo Entertainment System, 3.55 Mhz, 128 KB RAM, 128 Mb Cartridge
ChocoboNL is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 21, 2011, 07:55 AM   #2
davecheng
macrumors newbie
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Toronto, Canada
Go to group view, click (highlight) the group name, then go to the menu Edit > Delete Group

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChocoboNL View Post
Hi Forum,

Like many of you I just got Lion, looks good.. But I accidentally created a contact group in the new Address book and I don't know how to delete it.. Backspace doesn't work - nor does it work in combinations with any modifier keys - and 'edit - delete' is greyed out.. Does anyone know?

Thanks!
davecheng is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 30, 2011, 05:58 PM   #3
ChocoboNL
Thread Starter
macrumors member
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Thanks, very helpful indeed.
__________________
16-bit Super Nintendo Entertainment System, 3.55 Mhz, 128 KB RAM, 128 Mb Cartridge
ChocoboNL is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 15, 2011, 02:46 PM   #4
grtgrfx
macrumors newbie
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Deleting still not an option

Quote:
Originally Posted by davecheng View Post
Go to group view, click (highlight) the group name, then go to the menu Edit > Delete Group
Doesn't work for me; clicked on the group name, Delete Group is grayed out. If it matters, the group was created by adding an Exchange server in Mail, but that Mail account was deleted. The Address Groups seem orphans that can't be gotten rid of.
grtgrfx is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 15, 2011, 03:15 PM   #5
Mal
macrumors 603
 
Mal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: Orlando
Quote:
Originally Posted by grtgrfx View Post
Doesn't work for me; clicked on the group name, Delete Group is grayed out. If it matters, the group was created by adding an Exchange server in Mail, but that Mail account was deleted. The Address Groups seem orphans that can't be gotten rid of.
In Address Book, look at Preferences -> Accounts. If that Exchange server is there, delete it from there as well.

jW
__________________
The Bearded Nerd
13" MacBook Pro; 64GB iPod touch
"It's a real burn, being right so often."
NoiseTrade.com/Walker
Mal is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 1, 2012, 01:24 PM   #6
bowtech83
macrumors newbie
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
I dont have a mac I use Itunes

download an app number guru and it put a contact group on my phone as number guru trying to delete anyone can help me? i use Itunes on my computer I dont have a mac.....
bowtech83 is offline   0 Reply With Quote

Reply
MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > OS X > Mac OS X 10.7 Lion

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Similar Threads
thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Why can't you add an email address to your account's address book in the mail app? TH55 iPhone 30 Jan 15, 2014 01:10 PM
Hto add a contact to my Gmail Address book 420benz iMac 8 Apr 30, 2013 10:22 AM
IPad 2 & editing groups in Contacs/Address Book lanceh5 iPad Tips, Help and Troubleshooting 0 Dec 22, 2012 05:03 PM
How to access Yahoo address book from Mac Address Book app or Mac Mail...? rhimbo Mac Basics and Help 0 Oct 12, 2012 05:07 PM

Forum Jump

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:35 AM.

Mac Rumors | Mac | iPhone | iPhone Game Reviews | iPhone Apps

Mobile Version | Fixed | Fluid | Fluid HD
Copyright 2002-2013, MacRumors.com, LLC