Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

dmr727

macrumors G4
Original poster
Dec 29, 2007
NYC
I was going to wait until August, but just for evilgEEk, here's the thread! :D

Go HORNS! We need to remove the stink from last season. I say we win 7 games and end up bowling in some town 87% of the country cannot locate on a map.

mscriv

macrumors 601
Aug 14, 2008
Dallas, Texas
Go Vols!

images

echeck

macrumors 68000
Apr 20, 2004
Boise, Idaho
I was going to wait until August, but just for evilgEEk, here's the thread! :D

Ahh, thanks! :D

Go HORNS! We need to remove the stink from last season. I say we win 7 games and end up bowling in some town 87% of the country cannot locate on a map.

Well, your offense surely will be better. No doubt about that!

Of course I said the same thing about Tennessee's defense last season..... :rolleyes:

You can have the greatest coach in the world, but if they don't have the talent on the field then it won't do you much good.

I think Texas has the talent though, unlike Tennessee. What I'm going to be looking for is if Harsin keeps his same creative style, which most BCS snobs call amateur. If I remember correctly, I read a quote from Mack Brown saying one of the biggest reasons he wanted Harsin was because of Harsin's creativity on the field. We'll see. ;)

Oh, and I think there's a game in Georgia on September 3rd. Where's MacDawg? ....

mscriv

macrumors 601
Aug 14, 2008
Dallas, Texas
Yeah, I'm just hoping we can show some improvement this year. I don't get to see a lot of games since I don't live in the great Volunteer State any longer, but I know we're in a rebuilding phase.

-tWv-

macrumors 68000
May 11, 2009
Ohio
NOTRE DAME!

I think the fighting irish are going to do well this year, really looking forward to what Brian Kelly has done with the team

gibbz

macrumors 68030
May 31, 2007
Norman, OK
Well, your offense surely will be better. No doubt about that!

Not without a better QB.

Of course I am an OU fan, so I might be a *little* biased :)

In all seriousness, I do hope the Longhorns are better this year. With the Big 12 now down to 10 teams with no championship game, it needs all the name recognition we can get.

dmr727

macrumors G4
Original poster
Dec 29, 2007
NYC
Seriously? That many people can't find New York City on a map? :confused:

Stinkin' Sooners!

Not without a better QB.

You're absolutely right. This whole season is a big question mark - I've gotta think that at a minimum we're good for at least six wins, but I thought the same last season and look where that got me.

All I'm really hoping for is to beat UCLA. I'm from Socal, and we're 0-3 against the Bruins (none of the games were even remotely competitive either!) since I went off to college - I'm pretty tired of getting crap from my high school buddies. :eek:

Silencio

macrumors 68040
Jul 18, 2002
NYC
Andrew Luck, your 2011 Heisman Trophy winner. And there's a 0.00% chance he'll have to return it at a future date. :D

echeck

macrumors 68000
Apr 20, 2004
Boise, Idaho
I'm curious what everyone's thoughts are on Oregon and the ongoing investigation there. I was giving them the benefit of the doubt until Lyles claimed Chip Kelly contacted him and told him to send whatever he had over so they could justify the money they paid him. And then Oregon claims it was just naive and got duped by Lyles? Seriously?? That's a pretty weak excuse..

cuestakid

macrumors 68000
Jun 14, 2006
San Fran
Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.