Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone > iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting

Old Jul 21, 2011, 02:39 PM   #1
booy44
macrumors newbie

Screen half white!

I dropped my I phone 4 and the screen is half white with the other half distorted. Sometimes the white goes away and the screen switches to a full negative type of colour, but everything is viewable. If I replace the LCD/Digitizer should this fix it or is it something else? Thanks
booy44 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 21, 2011, 03:12 PM   #2
ylerT
macrumors regular

It's very unlikely any damage was done to the logic board when it was dropped but there is a small possibility.

You're more then likely safe with just a new LCD/Digitizer assembly.
ylerT is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 21, 2011, 03:23 PM   #3
awadeee
macrumors 68020

Quote:
Originally Posted by booy44 View Post
I dropped my I phone 4 and the screen is half white with the other half distorted. Sometimes the white goes away and the screen switches to a full negative type of colour, but everything is viewable. If I replace the LCD/Digitizer should this fix it or is it something else? Thanks
The first step would be to replace the LCD assembly. With the iPhone 4, the digitizer glass and LCD are inseparable so if you see any online that are not already assembled, stay away.

It is very unlikely that you damaged the logic board with one drop.

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone > iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting