Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

chalkie

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 21, 2011
I upgraded to Lion on my 9 month old Macbook Pro this afternoon and I've got a load of problems.

I've got the problem where moving the cursor doesnt wake the Mac which is being reported elsewhere. Screen Saver isn't activating but more crucially I can't connect to the net any more. Safari, Chrome, MSN Messenger, Mail, Tweetdeck, Software Update, pretty much every program that accesses the internet won't connect. I bought a new router today and luckily configured it before I installed Lion, and all my other devices (including the PC netbook I'm using now) connect perfectly, so I know it's not a router fault.

Someone suggested setting different DNS addresses but that's not worked, anyone got any ideas?

Jyby

Suspended
May 31, 2011
Actually this does sound like a router issue. Have you tried setting up a DHCP configuration? Has your Lion machine been assigned an IP address? Or is this automatic. You can use Network Utility and the Network preference pane to enable these features.

wase4711

macrumors regular
Jan 30, 2009
my iMac had the same problems after installation..
a couple of restarts fixed it though..

chalkie

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 21, 2011
Actually this does sound like a router issue. Have you tried setting up a DHCP configuration? Has your Lion machine been assigned an IP address? Or is this automatic. You can use Network Utility and the Network preference pane to enable these features.

Yes, tried that and it didn't work. The Mac has the correct IP addresses and when you get it to check network port configs in network disagnostics the result come back that the message comes back the internet connection appears to be working correctly. My iPad, iPhone and ancient Samsung Netbook all connect fine to the router proving that.

Curiously, a few minutes ago, my main twitter feed in Tweetdeck has come back to life, but I'm not able to see mentions, DMs and trends. The new router was working perfectly (and very quickly) under Snow Leopard before I upgraded to Lion, and continues to do so with all the other devices, so I very much doubt there's a problem there.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.