Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone

Old Jul 21, 2011, 10:12 PM   #1
Tamillow
macrumors newbie

Exclamation Transferring voice memos without syncing

Hi, I am new here but I really needed to find a place to get my question answered.

I used my Iphone as a tape recorder for voice memos in one of my classes. I am an English teacher for ESL students. I would like to send them the files that we recorded so they have something to study with. However, the computer that my Iphone is synced with is broke. I'm in a foreign country where it is difficult to find someone to fix it and I decided to wait until I return to get that done.

So, I want to upload these files onto my computer WITHOUT syncing the Iphone. I haven't found any advice online about how to do this. I really need to get this done. I have about 7 gigs of music I don't want to lose so I don't intend to sync it.

Someone please help!
Tamillow is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 22, 2011, 10:47 AM   #2
CSMchris376
macrumors regular

Voice memo gives you the option to email the memo, so you could email it to yourself and then save the voice memo attachments to your computer. Depending on how many individuals, you could just email them directly from your phone to your students.

When you are in voice memo, just touch the share button and email and MMS are the two options.
CSMchris376 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 22, 2011, 11:09 AM   #3
jonrando
macrumors 6502a

There's currently no way to get voice memos onto your computer without syncing, although you can email them to your computer.

When iOS 5 comes out, you'll be able to wirelessly sync your iDevice to your computer.
Old Jul 22, 2011, 12:46 PM   #4
-aggie-
macrumors Demi-God

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonrando View Post
There's currently no way to get voice memos onto your computer without syncing, although you can email them to your computer.

When iOS 5 comes out, you'll be able to wirelessly sync your iDevice to your computer.
Use PhoneView and you can:

http://ecamm.com/mac/phoneview/
Old Feb 13, 2013, 11:42 AM   #5
lucied
macrumors newbie

Same problem

I have an iphone 4s and windows 7 comp, i want to transfer a voice memo which is only 5 mins long but it wont let me email or message it to anyone. Im scared too sync my itunes with the phone because it comes up with a message saying stuff on the phone will be deleted thats not on laptop... surely this means the voice memos will be deleted anyway then!?
lucied is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone