Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

WilliamG

macrumors G3
Original poster
Mar 29, 2008
Seattle
I don't know what is going on here, but from my initial testing with the Mac mini, either connected to a projector or into my iMac (target display), the 2.5Ghz Mac mini is having some real trouble with Flash in full screen. Dropped frames everywhere.

This is in 1080p, full screen. It seems to have less trouble in a window, but considering my 2010 base Mac mini had no trouble with Flash in 1080p, this is worrisome...

e.g. this link runs terribly on the mini:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wagn8Wrmzuc&ob=av2e

Anyone else experiencing troubles? Curious if the base 2011 mini has issues with the Intel 3000HD.

sporadicMotion

macrumors 65816
Oct 18, 2008
Your girlfriends place
I don't know what is going on here, but from my initial testing with the Mac mini, either connected to a projector or into my iMac (target display), the 2.5Ghz Mac mini is having some real trouble with Flash in full screen. Dropped frames everywhere.

This is in 1080p, full screen. It seems to have less trouble in a window, but considering my 2010 base Mac mini had no trouble with Flash in 1080p, this is worrisome...

e.g. this link runs terribly on the mini:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wagn8Wrmzuc&ob=av2e

Anyone else experiencing troubles? Curious if the base 2011 mini has issues with the Intel 3000HD.

That's a lion/flash issue. There's an article on the front page.

Nanker/Phelge

macrumors regular
Dec 6, 2010
Rumor is there is a laundry list of problems with everything Adobe on Lion...may want to have a look at some of the coverage to see if this applies

iCheddar

macrumors 6502a
Apr 30, 2007
South Dakota
I can't remember where I read it, but I believe this version of 10.7 does away with hardware acceleration for flash...that coupled with the HD3000's lackluster performance out of the box could be the cause.

WilliamG

macrumors G3
Original poster
Mar 29, 2008
Seattle
I can't remember where I read it, but I believe this version of 10.7 does away with hardware acceleration for flash...that coupled with the HD3000's lackluster performance out of the box could be the cause.

Well I hear you, but my mini has the Radeon. :)

VeganHipster

macrumors regular
Jun 18, 2011
You can type in this link. Once you get there, paste in the link of the youtube video you want to watch. It then plays it in HTML5. Only sometimes works, though... Hope this helps you!

http://neosmart.net/YouTube5/

Mind you, this is obviously not a permanent solution. Guess I am going to have to wait even longer to get a Mac Mini until Adobe fixes this problem. Seriously, what have they been doing the past couple of months? Didn't apple release a version of Lion a couple of months ago so people could update their software to work with it?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.