Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Evancx3

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 18, 2011
Long Beach
I received my TypeRider today. Just like the iLounge has said, it's definitely one of the best keyboard case solution for iPad2. I was first greeted by the top-notch packaging when I took it out of the flat rate USPS box. The whole setup is quite straight forward and easy to install. What's cleverly designed is the ability to replace the keyboard with an insert that houses a stylus, business card holder and two grooves for more viewing angles, when you feel like to travel light without a keyboard. Enough said. Let the pictures speak for themselves!
:D

Attachments

• IMG_0358.jpg
    IMG_0358.jpg
    262.1 KB · Views: 127
  • IMG_0361.JPG
    IMG_0361.JPG
    283.2 KB · Views: 92
  • IMG_0363.JPG
    IMG_0363.JPG
    226.9 KB · Views: 100
  • IMG_0367.jpg
    IMG_0367.jpg
    238.6 KB · Views: 126
  • IMG_0369.jpg
    IMG_0369.jpg
    243.8 KB · Views: 127

Evancx3

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 18, 2011
Long Beach
More pictures. ;)

Attachments

• IMG_0376.JPG
    IMG_0376.JPG
    281.4 KB · Views: 99
  • IMG_0375.jpg
    IMG_0375.jpg
    257.9 KB · Views: 121
  • IMG_0372.JPG
    IMG_0372.JPG
    260.3 KB · Views: 119
  • IMG_0371.JPG
    IMG_0371.JPG
    260.4 KB · Views: 127

TC25

macrumors 68020
Mar 28, 2011
Could you take a picture of just the keyboard? Too many of these vendors take too many pictures which include the iPad. Yes, I need to see the case open and closed with the iPad in it, but I know what an iPad looks like :). I want to see the keyboard, specifically if they included a rights shift key and if so, how big is it.

Evancx3

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 18, 2011
Long Beach
Could you take a picture of just the keyboard? Too many of these vendors take too many pictures which include the iPad. Yes, I need to see the case open and closed with the iPad in it, but I know what an iPad looks like :). I want to see the keyboard, specifically if they included a rights shift key and if so, how big is it.

Yes, it does have a right shift key. it's about the same size as the
pgup and pgdn keys. The keys are 10-15 % smaller than the full-size keyboard.

Attachments

• keyboard.jpg
    keyboard.jpg
    185.4 KB · Views: 118

Evancx3

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 18, 2011
Long Beach
Does the keyboard fall out of the case?.

I have been using it for more than a day now. TypeRider works well for me. It seems they have made adjustment to the magnets that keep the keyboard and case intact. Until now, I haven't had any problem with the keyboard falling out. I will keep observing!

Evancx3

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 18, 2011
Long Beach
Thats why I asked.

Yeah we know what you mean. It's been two to three days now, still have not experienced keyboard falling out. I am quite sure they have made adjustment so that the keyboard is secured. I am really loving the iOS hot keys, and typing on the TypeRider. 10 fingers sometimes work better than just one.:D
Oh btw, i noticed they have more products up for sale on their website now.

rirawin

macrumors regular
Mar 17, 2008
i use my Ipad to draw in potrait mode alot so what is it like when the keyboard is removed and used in potrait mode?. The issue I have is the suede material will attract alot of dust too.

Evancx3

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 18, 2011
Long Beach
i use my Ipad to draw in potrait mode alot so what is it like when the keyboard is removed and used in potrait mode?. The issue I have is the suede material will attract alot of dust too.

Sorry, have been busy at work.
Typerider's hardshell is meant for landscape mode. However, its ease of removal allows me to turn my iPad2 90 degree and let it sits in the shell in portrait mode. Please refer to the picture.
That's what i love about Typerider's hardshell and not those pocket style keyboard cases out there.
Besides, I find it quick easy to clean the suede material and manage to keep it clean.

Attachments

• typerider_portrait_keyboard.jpg
    typerider_portrait_keyboard.jpg
    31.1 KB · Views: 106
  • typerider_portrait.jpg
    typerider_portrait.jpg
    38.1 KB · Views: 113

Evancx3

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 18, 2011
Long Beach
i have been using my iPad2 with typerider for weeks now. I have carried it with me on the business trip to asia and left my macbook at home. I am quite convinced how this accessory has made me pc-free. As a matter of fact, I am now typing on my typerider doing this thread, and not finding the need to go back to my macbook to do what i do daily. I even finished a business report typing about thousand words in an hour. Talking about productivity for my iPad2! I am not sure if typerider is on sale now in Asia, cuz everywhere i go, I have been approached to inquire about the product. Typerider is definitely an attention grabber. Is there anyone out there who is also a typerider user and like to share your thought on the product? :)

palpatine

macrumors 68040
May 3, 2011
i don't have typerider and have not seen it in japan. i have incase origami. it's different, but the concept is the same, and i agree--i get a lot done on my ipad. whenever i have business trips, i leave the computer behind now. i'd be interested in hearing what kind of apps you have found useful with it.

i suppose i still mainly use evernote and pages.

Evancx3

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 18, 2011
Long Beach
I use Page and smart office......they both work great. Are you from Japan?
I am on a business trip in Taiwan right now.

Evancx3

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 18, 2011
Long Beach
DocsToGo is also one of my favorite. I can do word, excel and no compatibility issue. Of course, typing on a plastic keyboard makes the whole experience even better.

palpatine

macrumors 68040
May 3, 2011
DocsToGo is also one of my favorite. I can do word, excel and no compatibility issue. Of course, typing on a plastic keyboard makes the whole experience even better.

thanks for the recommendation. i have been thinking about trying docstogo. i agree that the keyboard makes a huge difference. without it the ipad barely qualified for content creation, but together with the keyboard shortcuts the ipad has turned into a hugely helpful device.

i'm in japan at the moment, and i come here for some time each year. haven't been to taiwan for a very long time. maybe next year!

Evancx3

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 18, 2011
Long Beach
have you tried other keyboard case before? or any intention to change? I thought about getting the origami before, but a keyboard case helps me to travel light and without carrying a bag wherever i go, if you know what i mean.

Evancx3

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 18, 2011
Long Beach
WeKREAT back to school sale

Damn, i should have waited for the back to school sale from WeKREAT. Typerider is now only 74.25 USD!!
I bought mine two months ago, not sure if i still have a chance to get some promotion coupon from them.
Also, on http://www.wekreat.com/ipad_iphone_batt_panoply_optik.html
I saw this interesting folio case for iPad2, works just like smart cover but does
provide protection to the back of ipad2.
not yet for sale tho.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.