Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Duke15

macrumors 6502
May 18, 2011
Canada
Ya i really like the hardgraft one as well...but i agree its too expensive, i did some searching and here are the ones ive found. Note that most of them are customizable so if you want it to be vertical or horizantal or different color all you have to do is ask them. I did and they said no problem.

If you decide on one let me know, im still debating which to get myself

iNeedToDoHw

macrumors regular
Original poster
May 23, 2011
Ya i really like the hardgraft one as well...but i agree its too expensive, i did some searching and here are the ones ive found. Note that most of them are customizable so if you want it to be vertical or horizantal or different color all you have to do is ask them. I did and they said no problem.

If you decide on one let me know, im still debating which to get myself

This site is ridiculous because it charges close to 20% tax and I have to pay for the shipping... I live in US...
http://www.ferutobags.com/osc/catalog/index.php?cPath=96_98&sort=2a&page=3

This one looks the best, but still +shipping&tax = $63
I've never payed this much for a case haha
http://www.byrdandbelle.com/product/13-mackbook-air-sleeve-gray-wool-felt-and-brown-leather

iNeedToDoHw

macrumors regular
Original poster
May 23, 2011
I know this is out of your price range but I think it's pretty cool like the gaft one

http://twelvesouth.com/products/BookBook_for_Air/

It's said to be hardcover with leather but it actually smells and feels like leather(cuz everything apparently is called leather these days even the $10 rubbery leather-like ones).

I personally am not a fan of that design.
I don't like the zipper that goes around the laptop when it's open, the elastic that attaches the cover to the screen, and i just feel like i'll get tired of the design quick.
Also, it takes away the trademark of air (the pointy edge) since it's covered by the cover...

I want a simple sleeve design that'll outlast time

jsan1

macrumors member
Nov 30, 2010
NYC
Get a RadTech sleeve! You should google radtech coupons, you might be able to get free shipping or a percentage off. GL!

Duke15

macrumors 6502
May 18, 2011
Canada

optmi

macrumors member
Jun 19, 2011
Felt Sleeve

Check out untype.com. I bought their sleeve for my 13 and it's perfect for my needs. Get the charcoal one with the leather strap. I think they have a cheaper version without the leather strap if that's what you're after.

www.untype.com

Gemütlichkeit

macrumors 65816
Nov 17, 2010
I picked up a leather portfolio briefcase for mine. thin yet it can hold the power brick and some accessories/pens/paper. $50 on ebay (used)

optmi

macrumors member
Jun 19, 2011
Can you post pictures?

@ Duke,

Sorry, I keep meaning to do a review of the sleeve but things have been very busy. I'll try to sit down and do one tonight with pictures. I bought the black merino wool with leather strap 13 incher. I'm at work so I can't take a pic with my phone but here's the photos from their website. There are other colors but I prefer the black with the silver of the air.

e28261be3b4d4ed0bacdf614cb166c7b_820x820.jpg

74a02773e2464d638075c0ac56d4af54_820x820.jpg

31059e86baef41b8a2efcbed812e9f15_820x820.jpg

They have this one which is cheaper and seems to have a felt strap instead of the leather one:

1026255e5e5c41c0a53201534c4d6e74_820x820.jpg

iNeedToDoHw

macrumors regular
Original poster
May 23, 2011
@ Duke,

Sorry, I keep meaning to do a review of the sleeve but things have been very busy. I'll try to sit down and do one tonight with pictures. I bought the black merino wool with leather strap 13 incher. I'm at work so I can't take a pic with my phone but here's the photos from their website. There are other colors but I prefer the black with the silver of the air.

that looks awesome, but it's still on the pricier side... :(

iNeedToDoHw

macrumors regular
Original poster
May 23, 2011
I've purchased Hard Graft products in the past, but I honestly can't say it's anywhere near worth the money. The wool tends to pill and gets really messy under normal use.

I would go with the Acme Made Skinny Sleeve. The thing adds very little bulk to the laptop and it's really easy to take the computer in and out.

http://store.apple.com/us/product/H4737VC/A?mco=MTY3ODQ5OTY

That's one thing i was worried about the wool sleeve... now you mention it, i should avoid them since they cost so much!!!

Acme looks nice

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.