Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Rozlinator

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 19, 2011
i have a macbook, (early 2009) i just installed lion, but none of the new gestures are working, and the two finger scroll thing was inversed, (but that wasn't really a problem) i looked in system preferences, and there was nothing new

my computer does have a multi touch trackpad, but the OS is not allowing me to use the features?

im not sure if this is a glitch that could be fixed, or apple just dosn't allow slightly older macbooks to use this feature, (even though theres no reason for my computer to be incompatible)

if anyone could clarify this for me itd be greatly appreciated

Intell

macrumors P6
Jan 24, 2010
Inside
Your Macbook does not have a multitouch trackpad. Only the Air, Early 2008 Macbook Pro and later, and Unibody Macbooks have multitouch trackpads.

Rozlinator

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 19, 2011
thanks for your reply, but are you sure? it just seems strange as my trackpad can recognise two fingers

Intell

macrumors P6
Jan 24, 2010
Inside
thanks for your reply, but are you sure? it just seems strange as my trackpad can recognise two fingers

All Macbooks and later Powerbooks can detect two fingers. Its a hardware limitation that they cannot detect more than two.

CrockettGTO

macrumors regular
Oct 19, 2007
The reverse scrolling can be disabled in system preferences.

Open the trackpad preferences and uncheck the top box that refers to trackpad gestures to scroll content in the direction of finger movement.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.