Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

fishmd

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Jun 18, 2008
Sunny South Florida
Ok, so I think the location that these files are saved to is now different than where it was before. Please help out. I know that it used to be under ~/Library/Application Support/MobileSync/Backup.

I need to know because I did a fresh install of Lion and am in the process of setting up the whole computer as new, but need to know where to put all my old backups so that iTunes will still recognize the devices and not keep telling me that they are associated with another library.

Thanks all. (Sorry if I am asking in the wrong place.)

mrapplegate

macrumors 68030
Feb 26, 2011
Cincinnati, OH
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3_4 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8K2 Safari/6533.18.5)

fishmd said:
Ok, so I think the location that these files are saved to is now different than where it was before. Please help out. I know that it used to be under ~/Library/Application Support/MobileSync/Backup.

I need to know because I did a fresh install of Lion and am in the process of setting up the whole computer as new, but need to know where to put all my old backups so that iTunes will still recognize the devices and not keep telling me that they are associated with another library.

Thanks all. (Sorry if I am asking in the wrong place.)

Same location on Lion. The user library is just hidden now.
From finder option click Go menu it shows up.
Go to folder type ~/Library also works.

Althetrain

macrumors newbie
Aug 14, 2011
UK
iPad backup location

Hi
I do not have the location :-
~/Library/Application Support/MobileSync/Backup

I have ~/Library/Application Support but no Mobilesync

Any suggestions?

For some reason my iPad will not backup unless I delete previous backups first.
For this reason I hoped to move previous backups to another folder to facilitate this problem. But, do you think I can find the folder?

Regards
Althetrain

Althetrain

macrumors newbie
Aug 14, 2011
UK
Found files.

Hi
Now found :) - Thanks
Used Finder - Right-click on icon - Go to folder - ~/Library -
Found Mobilesync

Any suggestions though why it will not backup when a backup exists?
I seem to recall that the problem started with iOS4 upgrade. Trying to be clever, I loaded a beta copy a couple of weeks before official launch.
Had to scrub and start from scratch when proper iOS4 launched. I am sure this problem has existed since.

Regards
Althetrain

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.