Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Notebooks > MacBook Air

Old Jul 23, 2011, 07:27 PM   #1
ejosepha
macrumors 6502

Mid-2010 13" strange WiFi behavior, with connection timeout. Is it possible to reset?

Hello,
My Macbook Air usually works great but recently I have found that it doesn't connect easily to our Wifi station with password on awakening from sleep. It usually recognizes the Wifi and automatically connects with my password. I know the wifi station is ok because both of my other Iphones and another computer connect without problem. Once connected the Air works fine, but sometimes it connects and other times it asks for the password and doesn't accept it or it says the connection was timed out. I eventually get it connected but after a lot of acrobatics. I brought the computer to a friend's house and one time it connected fine with his password and then after that we had the same problem with the connection in timeout after a few attempts at entering password. On another wifi station without a password the computer connects flawlessly.
Any ideas? Is there a way of perhaps cleaning out the wifi program network system or verifying if something perhaps happened by accident that prevents it from working correctly? Or something to be done in system preferences?
Any suggestions appreciated.

Last edited by ejosepha; Jul 23, 2011 at 07:36 PM.
ejosepha is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Notebooks > MacBook Air