Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mpossoff

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Mar 21, 2010
Philadelphia
Hi anyone having issue with the survivor belt clip? Like when sitting the home button gets pressed. And when you try to hit the sleep awake button while in holster it takes a snapshot because the home button us still pressed. Also at times voice control comes on.

rapaleeman

macrumors 6502
Sep 15, 2010
Hi anyone having issue with the survivor belt clip? Like when sitting the home button gets pressed. And when you try to hit the sleep awake button while in holster it takes a snapshot because the home button us still pressed. Also at times voice control comes on.

Yes this was a problem for me too.

Easiest solution is to fit phone on the clip with the screen facing out. Not only does it solve the problem but it also stays in the clip more snug. The phone comes out slightly easier when facing in.

For a different solution you can take a razer blade and trim/shave the silicone around the home button. Basically take off the rounded portion of the nub.

Personally I used the case face out in the holster when I use the Survivor on trips for work. True it doesn't quite protect the phone as much when facing in but honestly the case is pretty strong on its own.

mpossoff

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Mar 21, 2010
Philadelphia
Yes this was a problem for me too.

Easiest solution is to fit phone on the clip with the screen facing out. Not only does it solve the problem but it also stays in the clip more snug. The phone comes out slightly easier when facing in.

For a different solution you can take a razer blade and trim/shave the silicone around the home button. Basically take off the rounded portion of the nub.

Personally I used the case face out in the holster when I use the Survivor on trips for work. True it doesn't quite protect the phone as much when facing in but honestly the case is pretty strong on its own.

Thanks for the advice. I'll give that a try. I like this case better than the Otterbox Defender.

bandofbrothers

macrumors 601
Oct 14, 2007
Uk
Hi,

Just looked at one of these on utube.

Like WoW these are gonna get you thro a nuclear winter !

A little bit too much over the top for me !

:D

mpossoff

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Mar 21, 2010
Philadelphia
Is the any issue with the case scratching the back of the iPhone in the case, doesn't look like much protection on back of case like the defender which has velvet lineing.

rapaleeman

macrumors 6502
Sep 15, 2010
Is the any issue with the case scratching the back of the iPhone in the case, doesn't look like much protection on back of case like the defender which has velvet lineing.

Inside of the case on the back is two slightly raised diamonds that are actually some form of rubber (I think). It has that tacky smooth rubber feeling anyway.

The rest of the inside is slightly more rounded than the Otterbox and with the increased silicone around the corners, it is significantly more protective than the Otterbox.

mpossoff

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Mar 21, 2010
Philadelphia
Inside of the case on the back is two slightly raised diamonds that are actually some form of rubber (I think). It has that tacky smooth rubber feeling anyway.

The rest of the inside is slightly more rounded than the Otterbox and with the increased silicone around the corners, it is significantly more protective than the Otterbox.

Thanks I referring to the inside parameters of the case scratching the iPhone. I heard that the Otterbox box defender has potential to scratch up iPhone when inside of case.

rapaleeman

macrumors 6502
Sep 15, 2010
Thanks I referring to the inside parameters of the case scratching the iPhone. I heard that the Otterbox box defender has potential to scratch up iPhone when inside of case.

The places the Otterbox scratches the phone is usually on the front near the home button.

While the possibility is still there, the Survivor actually covers the entire inside with the screen material. The Defender has exposed plastic on the front while the Survivor doesn't.

Basically, just check for sharp points and make sure it is smooth. That goes for any case really. I haven't had any problems with my 4 Defenders. I have 2 black ones, a white and black, and my current favorite black silicone and hot pink plastic.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.