Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone > iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting

Old Jul 23, 2011, 08:11 PM   #1
TJone
macrumors 6502

iTunes wont remove songs from iPhone 4

I set up iTunes a while ago with the checkbox to only sync "selected playlists, artists, albums...". For some reason though my iPhone 4 has my entire library on it even though I only put checkmarks on a few artists. It seems like iTunes does not see all of the music that is on my iPhone. iTunes used to allow me to only have the music I selected on my iPhone but my entire music library is on my iPhone now. And I don't have the 'entire music library' checkbox on (just a few selected artists). Is there any way to delete music from the iPhone manually. I am JB on 4.2.1 and unlocked and I am trying to avoid restoring but will if I have to. Can I manually go into the music folder and delete all the songs - that may just corrupt the file system and make me have to restore. After that - syncing may work correctly? Any other solutions? Thanks a lot..
Old Jul 23, 2011, 10:00 PM   #2
awadeee
macrumors 68020

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJone View Post
I set up iTunes a while ago with the checkbox to only sync "selected playlists, artists, albums...". For some reason though my iPhone 4 has my entire library on it even though I only put checkmarks on a few artists. It seems like iTunes does not see all of the music that is on my iPhone. iTunes used to allow me to only have the music I selected on my iPhone but my entire music library is on my iPhone now. And I don't have the 'entire music library' checkbox on (just a few selected artists). Is there any way to delete music from the iPhone manually. I am JB on 4.2.1 and unlocked and I am trying to avoid restoring but will if I have to. Can I manually go into the music folder and delete all the songs - that may just corrupt the file system and make me have to restore. After that - syncing may work correctly? Any other solutions? Thanks a lot..
Try restoring to a custom 4.2.1 IPSW to keep your unlock and after the restore when it asks you if you want to add songs manually or if you want it to sync, check the box accordingly.
Old Jul 23, 2011, 10:05 PM   #3
TJone
macrumors 6502

Alright sounds good. I will give that a try soon and report back. I am still curious what would happen if I remove the contents of the music folder on my iPhone to see if it would sync the music back correctly. I may give that a try first and see if that corrupts the file system or maybe fixes the problem. Thanks

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone > iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting