Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Mac Community > Picture Gallery

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old Dec 16, 2012, 04:39 PM   #126
Paul Graham
macrumors regular
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Plymouth UK
Quote:
Originally Posted by aKCLee View Post
thanks so much! they are just normal beats HD solo's, there is normally a red stereo cable connecting them to the MBA but i took it out from the photo cuz i dislike visible wires lol
haha Thanks for the reply
I did wonder if they were a new version as im not that clued up on Beats headphones lol.
Nice setup none the less
__________________
iMac C2D|MacBook Pro C2D|Mac Mini C2D|iBook G4|PowerMac G3|eMac G4
iPhone 5|iPhone 4S|iPad 4 Ret|iPad Mini 1G|Various iPods
Paul Graham is offline   2 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 17, 2012, 07:27 AM   #127
lysol
macrumors member
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by dec. View Post
My "office" (I never really work there, I just play video games and guitars and music and stuff)
OK... Now you have to tell us which desk that is..... lol.
lysol is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 17, 2012, 12:28 PM   #128
dec.
macrumors 6502a
 
dec.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Toronto
Quote:
Originally Posted by lysol View Post
OK... Now you have to tell us which desk that is..... lol.
ZED / Structube

Structube have some nice stuff, nothing over the top but decent designs at a good price.

(and the lights were a DIY - LED strips from Amazon for $40)
__________________
Apple/Win/Linux stuff
dec. is offline   2 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 17, 2012, 01:31 PM   #129
The.316
macrumors 65816
 
The.316's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Here is my Man Cave-partment

Back when I moved here in 07:

Thumb resize.

Thumb resize.

Thumb resize.

Thumb resize.

Thumb resize.



The fireplace was there for show only, so I decided to knock it down:

Thumb resize.

Thumb resize.

Thumb resize.



After some new paint, new curtains and rails, some pictures, and a couch that I had from the States:

Thumb resize.

Thumb resize.

Thumb resize.

Thumb resize.

Thumb resize.

Thumb resize.

That is my old iMac, that will not start. I have tried everything, and I still cant get past the apple logo, which gives me a flashing icon.


I have some B&W 686s speakers and an Onkyo receiver, but I think I might use those for my bedroom, and connect them to my iMac. There really is no way to have surround sound in the living room without wires being seen, so I ended up going with this Samsung E450 soundbar set:

Thumb resize.



My bedroom is next, but not until after winter. Im going to build a custom desk, and I might even just mount it to the wall. I have a bunch of stuff not shown (NAS, 2tb TC), and Im still trying to figure out some way to get everything organized.

Thumb resize.
__________________
27" iMac i7 13" MPB
16gb iPhone 5 32gb iPad Air
Apple TV 3
The.316 is offline   5 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 18, 2012, 06:08 AM   #130
HolyGrail
macrumors regular
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Was staring at my Tuffshed in the backyard and had a epiphany. Create a all in one room, where you can sleep, game, and eat.
From start to finish.








































Last edited by HolyGrail; Dec 18, 2012 at 06:29 AM.
HolyGrail is online now   36 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 18, 2012, 06:55 AM   #131
BlakeBrattina
macrumors 6502
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Southeast Michigan
That's pretty nasty right there!
__________________
MacBook Air | iPad Mini | iPhone | iPod | Apple TV
BlakeBrattina is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 18, 2012, 09:29 AM   #132
dinggus
Banned
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
That's so badass!
dinggus is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 18, 2012, 09:42 AM   #133
2020mike
macrumors 6502
 
Join Date: May 2012
I wish I had a place like that. Looks more comfortable then a couch when I'm in the dog house with the wife lol
2020mike is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 18, 2012, 05:42 PM   #134
brianbunge
macrumors regular
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Not a great pic, but here's my setup. I've got a full Martin Logan setup, which I purchased a few weeks ago! Finally got the center channel in last Friday. The subwoofer is tucked behind the table to the left and I've got a pair of their surrounds as well.

brianbunge is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 18, 2012, 06:06 PM   #135
Uofmtiger
macrumors 6502a
 
Uofmtiger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Memphis
I really like your cave HolyGrail!
__________________
4 Airport Express, 3 AppleTV family...you could say we like Airplay.
Uofmtiger is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 18, 2012, 07:31 PM   #136
dinggus
Banned
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by brianbunge View Post
Not a great pic, but here's my setup. I've got a full Martin Logan setup, which I purchased a few weeks ago! Finally got the center channel in last Friday. The subwoofer is tucked behind the table to the left and I've got a pair of their surrounds as well.

Image
Is that a TV or projection screen?
dinggus is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 18, 2012, 08:27 PM   #137
2020mike
macrumors 6502
 
Join Date: May 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by dinggus View Post
Is that a TV or projection screen?
Looks like a projection screen that or a really nice job at hiding the wires.
__________________
iPad Air 16gb Wi-Fi,iPhone 5S 16gb
2020mike is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 18, 2012, 11:47 PM   #138
brianbunge
macrumors regular
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by dinggus View Post
Is that a TV or projection screen?
That's a 92" screen. The Epson Home Cinema 5010 projector was directly over my head when I took the picture.
brianbunge is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 18, 2012, 11:49 PM   #139
dinggus
Banned
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by brianbunge View Post
That's a 92" screen. The Epson Home Cinema 5010 projector was directly over my head when I took the picture.
I'm so curious about projector screens.

I was debating to either go that route or buying a TV and I ended up getting a 55" LG LED TV. I'm happy with it, but I think a projector would have been awesome.

How much did this cost you? Is it easy to set up?
dinggus is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 19, 2012, 12:36 AM   #140
ibarrett94
macrumors member
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
I would intentionally get in fights with my wife to go into holygrails man cave. The epicness of the room is unmesuarable.
__________________
base rMBP, 3.4 sandy bridge hack, iPad̶ 2̶ 3, iPhone ̶4̶ 4̶s̶ 5, VZW iPad mini.
ibarrett94 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 19, 2012, 12:38 AM   #141
SnowLeopard OSX
macrumors 6502a
 
SnowLeopard OSX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Southern California
Quote:
Originally Posted by HolyGrail View Post
Was staring at my Tuffshed in the backyard and had a epiphany. Create a all in one room, where you can sleep, game, and eat.
From start to finish.

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image
I'm speechless. That's a legit man cave.
__________________
iPad |4th gen Black/ 32GB/ iOS 7.0
iMac |G4 1.0 GHz/ 1.25 GHz PPCG4 (7445)
iPod |Classic Black/ 80GB|U2 edition 20GB
iPhone |4S White/16GB/ iOS 7.0|3G White/16GB iOS 4.2.1
SnowLeopard OSX is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 19, 2012, 09:19 AM   #142
Acorn
macrumors 68020
 
Acorn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Fangorn Forest
Quote:
Originally Posted by HolyGrail View Post
Was staring at my Tuffshed in the backyard and had a epiphany. Create a all in one room, where you can sleep, game, and eat.
From start to finish.

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image
you win. best. mancave. ever.
__________________
o/
Acorn is offline   5 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 19, 2012, 10:38 AM   #143
skippymac
macrumors 6502a
 
skippymac's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Hampshire, UK
Quote:
Originally Posted by Face Ache View Post
Yesterday I made myself a "Goodies" door.*


*Won't mean anything to you unless you're British and over 35.
Excuse me but I'm 18 and that DEFINITELY means something to me
__________________
13" 2.4GHz 2010 MBP, 8GB RAM, 1TB HDD/128GB SSD
i5-3350p, GTX770 PC | Sony Xperia Z1 | Nexus 7 2012
skippymac is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 19, 2012, 10:36 PM   #144
brianbunge
macrumors regular
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by dinggus View Post
I'm so curious about projector screens.

I was debating to either go that route or buying a TV and I ended up getting a 55" LG LED TV. I'm happy with it, but I think a projector would have been awesome.

How much did this cost you? Is it easy to set up?
This is my second projector, and was a breeze to setup compared to the first one. I didn't even center it. I hung it in the exact same spot as the old one. This one has both vertical and horizontal lens shift, so I was able to move the image up and down and left and right to get the image centered on the screen. The projector, screen, mount, 35' HDMI cable and some various other accessories cost me just under $2500 shipped from Visual Apex during their Black Friday/Cyber Monday sales this year!
brianbunge is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 20, 2012, 08:52 AM   #145
dinggus
Banned
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by brianbunge View Post
This is my second projector, and was a breeze to setup compared to the first one. I didn't even center it. I hung it in the exact same spot as the old one. This one has both vertical and horizontal lens shift, so I was able to move the image up and down and left and right to get the image centered on the screen. The projector, screen, mount, 35' HDMI cable and some various other accessories cost me just under $2500 shipped from Visual Apex during their Black Friday/Cyber Monday sales this year!
Definitely out of my price range, lol.
dinggus is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 20, 2012, 02:06 PM   #146
IAlberta
macrumors member
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Mountain View County
Garage Cave..
A cigar guy has to have a place to smoke and surf on a cold winters day..


IAlberta is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 21, 2012, 05:17 AM   #147
dinggus
Banned
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Name:  ImageUploadedByTapatalk1356088552.029820.jpg
Views: 4774
Size:  16.9 KB

Can you guys help me organize my man cave? I have a pretty long desk and it is just collecting clutter. I'm thinking about a corner desk. I don't know if I should add couches or a futon (the one I have is cheap) but I plan on having my TV mounted and playing Xbox.

My floor is carpet, so roller chairs get annoying as well. Can someone recommend something?

I'm just looking at ways to make this room work for myself. I was thinking about having like a couch or futon facing away from the closet, but then that wouldn't be good to walk into. I have no imagination on designing.

I'm thinking about painting the room like a nice solid grey and rock all white theme.

Last edited by dinggus; Dec 21, 2012 at 06:44 AM.
dinggus is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 12, 2013, 06:52 PM   #148
HolyGrail
macrumors regular
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by dinggus View Post
Attachment 384989

Can you guys help me organize my man cave? I have a pretty long desk and it is just collecting clutter. I'm thinking about a corner desk. I don't know if I should add couches or a futon (the one I have is cheap) but I plan on having my TV mounted and playing Xbox.

My floor is carpet, so roller chairs get annoying as well. Can someone recommend something?

I'm just looking at ways to make this room work for myself. I was thinking about having like a couch or futon facing away from the closet, but then that wouldn't be good to walk into. I have no imagination on designing.

I'm thinking about painting the room like a nice solid grey and rock all white theme.
Well the key is to use as much space as you can....so a corner desk is for a small room is much better then a long desk....also try to use that wall space if possible.
HolyGrail is online now   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 13, 2013, 03:15 PM   #149
dinggus
Banned
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by HolyGrail View Post
Well the key is to use as much space as you can....so a corner desk is for a small room is much better then a long desk....also try to use that wall space if possible.
Thanks I have a thread:
http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=1512388

New desk, not a corner one, just smaller. I didn't like the look of a corner desk, I think I would have gotten annoyed with the small area.
dinggus is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 15, 2013, 04:46 AM   #150
dmax35
macrumors 6502
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Not mine, thou I wish. Photo's credit: Trey Ratcliff.

This is Hans Zimmers man cave.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	zimmer1.jpg
Views:	597
Size:	332.5 KB
ID:	390403   Click image for larger version

Name:	zimmer2.jpg
Views:	509
Size:	330.8 KB
ID:	390404  
__________________
(2) 3.5 GHz New Mac Pro 6 Core - (3) Macbook Pro's- iPad Air x 3,i,ATV3. Beech King Air 350,P645+ Phase One IQ280, Nikon D800E, .
dmax35 is offline   2 Reply With Quote


Reply
MacRumors Forums > Mac Community > Picture Gallery

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Similar Threads
thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Post a Picture of your man cave!!! ahendri5 Picture Gallery 1 Feb 18, 2014 01:00 PM
OS X: Colossal Cave Adventure Help melissapete24 Mac and PC Games 11 Mar 18, 2013 07:55 PM
trying to find some mac ads to hang in my man cave aPple nErd Apple Collectors 2 Jan 15, 2013 06:18 AM

Forum Jump

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:04 PM.

Mac Rumors | Mac | iPhone | iPhone Game Reviews | iPhone Apps

Mobile Version | Fixed | Fluid | Fluid HD
Copyright 2002-2013, MacRumors.com, LLC