Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Notebooks > MacBook Air

Old Jul 24, 2011, 12:15 AM   #1
tbobmccoy
macrumors 6502a

Send a message via AIM to tbobmccoy
I love the MBA's screen

Coming from a 2009 MBP... I am in love with this MBA screen.

Why you might ask? It's semi-gloss surface. Sure, it might not -actually- be semi-gloss, but compared to the reflector surface of a glossy screen covered by a glass panel of GLOSS in the Pro, this MBA looks beautiful in any light I've subjected it to. I just thought I'd share my comparative experiences for anyone who might be concerned that the MBA has a junky screen (like I was at first); I find it displays excellently.
Old Jul 24, 2011, 12:30 AM   #2
mathmad
macrumors newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbobmccoy View Post

Why you might ask? It's semi-gloss surface. Sure, it might not -actually- be semi-gloss, but compared to the reflector surface of a glossy screen covered by a glass panel of GLOSS in the Pro, this MBA looks beautiful in any light I've subjected it to. I just thought I'd share my comparative experiences for anyone who might be concerned that the MBA has a junky screen (like I was at first); I find it displays excellently.

Good to know. Thanks, I will go to apple store tomorrow to get one
mathmad is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 24, 2011, 01:13 AM   #3
PaulWog
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbobmccoy View Post

I agree. The screen looks great.

However, when it's relatively sunny out, you end up having to turn up the brightness a bit. As a result, the battery life takes a major hit.
PaulWog is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Notebooks > MacBook Air