Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone

Old Jul 24, 2011, 06:03 AM   #1
kingping14
macrumors member

How to stop iPhone and iPad from cross syncing apps?

I'd like to sync both my iPhone and iPad apps to iTunes so there is a backup incase I need to update firmware, but how do I stop my iPhone apps from syncing to my iPad and my iPad apps from syncing into my iPhone? its very annoying!!

thanks in advance
kingping14 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 24, 2011, 10:43 AM   #2
wvphysics
macrumors regular

You will need to manually manage your apps and music. The option to do so will be on the summary page when you plug in the device. This also means if you purchase any music on the computer it will not automatically sync.
wvphysics is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 24, 2011, 10:59 AM   #3
big samm
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingping14 View Post
I'd like to sync both my iPhone and iPad apps to iTunes so there is a backup incase I need to update firmware, but how do I stop my iPhone apps from syncing to my iPad and my iPad apps from syncing into my iPhone? its very annoying!!

thanks in advance
ipad apps can't be synced to your iphone... iphone apps can be sync with your ipad...
Old Jul 24, 2011, 11:01 AM   #4
wvphysics
macrumors regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by big samm View Post
ipad apps can't be synced to your iphone... iphone apps can be sync with your ipad...
Obviously he was meaning those apps that can be synced to both. He only wants certain ones on the phone and certain ones on the pad.
wvphysics is offline   2 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 24, 2011, 11:27 AM   #5
wvphysics
macrumors regular

Sorry the manually manage option is not what you need. I think you just want to go to the apps page and deselect automatically sync new apps. Then you just select which ones you want.
wvphysics is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 24, 2011, 01:04 PM   #6
Steve28
macrumors member

Actually all you need is to go to the apps tab when your iPad and/or iPhone are connected and uncheck the box that says (something like) 'automatically sync new apps'
Steve28 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 7, 2013, 02:48 PM   #7
slimeyapple
macrumors newbie

Send a message via AIM to slimeyapple
iPad apps syncing to iPhone

I too, have this dilemma.

I do not want all of my apps on both devices. I have unchecked the "Automatically sync new apps" option (for each device).

When I download an app on the iPad, it still appears on the iPhone.

When I download an app on the iPhone, the app does NOT appear on my iPad.

(this makes me happier, but...)

-- the methods mentioned in these forums have not worked, and I would really like to find a solution for this.

What I find ODD is, if I download an app using the iPad, and I already HAVE that same app on the iPhone (in a group folder, specifically) -- the app still appears (a second time) on the iPhone - outside of the icon group. (This is to say, the app will be on the iPhone 2 times, once in the folder where I had originally stored it, and once "loose" or free from being in a group.

-- Let me know what information will be helpful in finding a solution for this - I am as anxious as the others are to find this solution.
slimeyapple is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 7, 2013, 02:56 PM   #8
DefBref
macrumors 6502

settings - store - check your automatically download selections on all devices.
DefBref is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 8, 2013, 12:24 PM   #9
adam044
macrumors 65816

Quote:
Originally Posted by wvphysics View Post
Sorry the manually manage option is not what you need. I think you just want to go to the apps page and deselect automatically sync new apps. Then you just select which ones you want.
This is the correct one
Old Feb 8, 2013, 12:37 PM   #10
Baggio
macrumors 6502

On device:

Settings > iTunes & App Stores > Automatic downloads
Baggio is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone