Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mattpreston11

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Nov 9, 2007
Anyone tried it?

Lion runs fine on my base 11'' 2010, but performance isn't nearly as good when connected to an external display.

Anyone else having issues? interested to hear off the 2011 users aswel!

i0Nic

macrumors 65816
May 17, 2006
Sydney, Australia
This is what I'm planning to do too, and if performance really does drop off then I'll have to reconsider. I'm also planning on playing starcraft 2 on the cinema display from the MBA 11", would I have to run it at the MBA native resolution? Would that make it look terrible.. ?

2IS

macrumors 68030
Jan 9, 2011
How exactly is your performance affected when connected to an external display?

striker33

macrumors 65816
Aug 6, 2010
This is what I'm planning to do too, and if performance really does drop off then I'll have to reconsider. I'm also planning on playing starcraft 2 on the cinema display from the MBA 11", would I have to run it at the MBA native resolution? Would that make it look terrible.. ?

Performance will always decrease when connected to any external display due to the GPU having to power much more pixels.

You would have no chance of playing Starcraft 2 at a decent resolution on the ACD, and it would look like crap.

You'd need a high end 15" or 17" MBP to be able to play it on decent settings at the ACD's native resolution.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.