Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Astrofox

macrumors member
Jul 24, 2011
Thanks for the vid :)

I have the 13" i7 and I've been playing Portal 2 and Starcraft 2 since I got it.

I must say I'm more than satisfied with its gaming performance. Under OSX the games run really well on medium settings. If you lowered Borderlands down a bit (looked pretty high) it may work out better for you.

Starcraft is a pretty consistent 40-50 fps, cutscenes run way better than I anticipated too. You're right about it not being a high end gaming machine, but does anyone buy an Air to play Crysis on high?

I've used this mac for a couple of days, and it's pretty hard to fault it...

bchreng

macrumors 65816
Jul 26, 2005
How well does the i5 model run Starcraft2 in a 3v3 during a large scale (darn near 200 pop) battle? Would having an i7 model make much of a difference then?

Arcadia310

macrumors regular
Original poster
Aug 16, 2010
How well does the i5 model run Starcraft2 in a 3v3 during a large scale (darn near 200 pop) battle? Would having an i7 model make much of a difference then?
I'm no expert on gaming performance but the i7 gets a main boost in the CPU department. Since the game would still rely upon the integrated Intel 3000 graphics card there probably wouldn't be a noticeable increase at all. I'd say the i7 would help most for video editing and other CPU intensive tasks.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.