Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

entatlrg

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Mar 2, 2009
Waterloo & Georgian Bay, Canada
1. How many hours a day?

2. Happy with the screen size?

3. Have an external monitor, if so how often are you plugged in?

4. Used for Business, School, Personal and/or Entertainment?

5. Would you buy an 11" again?

For me >

1. 2-12 hours daily

2. Undecided, have a 13" in the house too, switch back and forth (too) often.

3. Yes, rarely plug in, don't like sitting at / working from a desk.

4. Business, personal, entertainment

5. Yes, because the size is so perfect for taking everywhere everyday...

ejisfun

macrumors regular
Jan 7, 2011
1. However often I can use, probably 2-3 hours a day, more if I need to use it for school.

2. Yes. If you feel cramped, use spaces/mission control. It gives you a lot more room.

3. Yes, a 20 inch hannspree. I plug it in whenever I'm at my desk just to have the larger screen, however, I've never found myself having to move to my desk to have the larger screen.

4. School, personal, entertainment.

5. In the future, I'd probably up to a 13 since I'd be using it much more in college (they don't really like laptops in high school as much), but for my use right now, 11" is perfect.

rudebwoi

macrumors newbie
Jul 24, 2011
1. How many hours a day?

2. Happy with the screen size?

3. Have an external monitor, if so how often are you plugged in?

4. Used for Business, School, Personal and/or Entertainment?

5. Would you buy an 11" again?

For me >

1. 2-12 hours daily

2. Undecided, have a 13" in the house too, switch back and forth (too) often.

3. Yes, rarely plug in, don't like sitting at / working from a desk.

4. Business, personal, entertainment

5. Yes, because the size is so perfect for taking everywhere everyday...

I got mine last night from BBY, and registered today. 11", 128, i5. This will be my main machine

1. 4 hours daily

2. The screen size is perfect for me.

3. I dont plug in (yet)

4. A little business (email, iWork) a little casual PC stuff (espn, news forums) and a little entertainment (streaming, iPhone back ups). V

Ultimately I wanted the i7 but I had to have a lot of people talk me out of it, overall I'm happy. To me the 11" is for the person that wants a "fully functional" iPad, and thats me, I won't be programming, or editing any videos in my lifetime.

jimboutilier

macrumors 6502a
Nov 10, 2008
Denver
1 I use the machine off and on 8-10 hours per work day
2 The screen size is good for mobile intermittent use and it allows for a fantastic mobile experience.
3 When I'm at my desk between many meetings I usually have it plugged in to a 22-27" monitor. More for the additional real estate as I did the same thing with laptops up to 15".
4 I use it for both business and personal stuff.
5 This is a fantastic form factor with good power and capacity and I would buy again in a heartbeat. Likely will when 8th of ram is offered.

myrtlebee

macrumors 68030
Jul 9, 2011
Maryland
Yes, I am. In fact, it is my only personal machine. We've got other machines in the house, but this is my only "personal" computer. One "family" computer serving as a server, and we each have our own personal machine. I honestly don't use the "family machine".

1. How many hours a day? Over 4.

2. Happy with the screen size? Yes. Before Lion, that would have been a "pretty much" but with fullscreen apps and multitouch gestures to flip through desktops and apps - there are no issues whatsoever.

3. Have an external monitor, if so how often are you plugged in? No. Never.

4. Used for Business, School, Personal and/or Entertainment? Everything except school - graduated years ago - even then, though, I used Mac notebooks in college. It is used mostly for personal and entertainment use. I don't do much work business on my personal computer as it's not needed in my field.

5. Would you buy an 11" again? It's the only size I would buy now for a portable notebook. I don't think I could return to a 13" display for a portable computer.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.