Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
Not open for further replies.

einmusiker

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Apr 26, 2010
Welp, it looks like the CBA will finally be passed tomorrow and the lockout ending.

Apparently the eagles are interested in signing favre as a backup.... :D oh robo, how are your boys ever going to get any respect :p

mscriv

macrumors 601
Aug 14, 2008
Dallas, Texas
If things do end today or tomorrow it's going to get real crazy real quick with the shortened free agency period and all the roster moves.

MacNut

macrumors Core
Jan 4, 2002
CT
Meh, the fans should boycott the season to teach the owners a lesson.

MacNut

macrumors Core
Jan 4, 2002
CT
That would never happen, which is why the owners had the upper hand in these negotiations. Well, except maybe in places like Buffalo who weren't selling out anyway.

Are you going to boycott the season?
The owners never had the upper hand. They are the ones that were crying for more money not the players. I honestly wanted to see the season locked out, maybe then both sides would realize how good they had it. How can you complain about money when your sport makes 9 billion a year.

It is sad that the fans don't really care about the lockout and will just give more to the owners. The only way to speak is with your wallet and not spent it on the NFL.

SuperCompu2

macrumors 6502a
Jul 23, 2006
MA
I'm thrilled football is back, I could not survive the Fall/Winter without a solid sport to carry me through. Not a basketball fan, and baseball only goes to october.

Still, to this day, my favorite sport. :)

Moyank24

macrumors 601
Aug 31, 2009
in a New York State of mind
The owners never had the upper hand. They are the ones that were crying for more money not the players. I honestly wanted to see the season locked out, maybe then both sides would realize how good they had it. How can you complain about money when your sport makes 9 billion a year.

It is sad that the fans don't really care about the lockout and will just give more to the owners. The only way to speak is with your wallet and not spent it on the NFL.

What I mean by that is, financially the players had much more to lose than the owners. The owners could have afforded to go a year without football (granted they would have lost a TON of money) a lot more than the players could have.

Yes, financially the fans lose...ticket prices will go up, merchandising will go up. But we will still go to the games and watch them on TV. They'll still buy jerseys and booze at the games. So they are speaking with their wallets. Which is exactly why the owners had the upper hand.

einmusiker

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Apr 26, 2010

footballs got crack in it

zioxide

macrumors 603
Dec 11, 2006

It's A LOT more complicated than you are making it out to be. It's not just about 32 owners and the players, it's about the THOUSANDS of other employees of the league and teams that would have been out of a job had this not been rectified. 99.9% of these employees are people making less than $75,000 a year and most trying to take care of a family.

I'm thrilled football is back, I could not survive the Fall/Winter without a solid sport to carry me through. Not a basketball fan, and baseball only goes to october.

Still, to this day, my favorite sport. :)

what about hockey?

Moyank24

macrumors 601
Aug 31, 2009
Looks like the Jets have resigned Holmes, though the announcement won't be made until Friday.

ESPN

It includes a lot of guaranteed money, which probably means Braylon Edwards will be playing for a new team this season.

mscriv

macrumors 601
Aug 14, 2008
Dallas, Texas
Lots of QB moves.

Tavaris Jackson to the Seahawks.

Matt Hasselbeck to the Titans.

Donovan Mcnabb to the Vikings.

And all signs point to Kevin Kolb going to the Cardinals.

Reports also say Kyle Orton will end up with the Dolphins.

It's going to be an interesting season for sure.

Moyank24

macrumors 601
Aug 31, 2009

Apple OC

macrumors 68040
Oct 14, 2010
Hogtown
Patriots signed Albert Haynesworth from Washington and Chad Johnson from the Bengals ... nice move on their part

miles01110

macrumors Core
Jul 24, 2006
The Ivory Tower (I'm not coming down)
Patriots signed Albert Haynesworth from Washington and Chad Johnson from the Bengals ... nice move on their part

Why is it a good move on their part? Two players who haven't been worth their salary for the past 3 or 4 years who aren't as good as those they're replacing (85 -> Randy Moss, Haynesworth -> Richard Seymour). Looks like another cameo in the playoffs for the Patriots before a first round exit. The Patriots under Tom Brady are the new Colts under Peyton Manning.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.