Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Applications > iPad Apps

Old Jul 24, 2011, 01:45 PM   #1
mffl04
macrumors member

Fantasy Football Draft Kit

Since it looks like there will be a NFL season this year. Whats the best options for a draft kit on the iPad. RotoWire's app looks pretty good. Anyone have any experience with these?
mffl04 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 24, 2011, 02:48 PM   #2
pasipple
macrumors 6502a

Draft was already held in April....
AppleTV3 v5.1
pasipple is offline   -4 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 24, 2011, 04:14 PM   #3
mffl04
macrumors member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pasipple View Post
Draft was already held in April....
Thanks for the info, but as I mentioned in the title of the thread, I'm refering to fantasy football........
Old Jul 25, 2011, 09:14 PM   #4
USMCGRUNT
macrumors newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by mffl04 View Post
Thanks for the info, but as I mentioned in the title of the thread, I'm refering to fantasy football........
Mff, I've been posting all over this same question. I use CBS for my league and I am the commish. I'm looking for something descent so I don't have to bring anything but the iPad to the draft, I.e sheets I can fill in for each team, maybe a timer, etc.

I've been looking at roto wire along with this new one I found called 2011 Fantasy Football Calculator & Draft Kit HD for $1.99. Keep me posted if you come up with anything. Thanks.
USMCGRUNT is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 26, 2011, 02:39 PM   #5
mffl04
macrumors member

I downloaded the RotoWire app. Its pretty nice. It isn't really for running a draft. Its more for cheat sheets. I do like the lay out of it so far. It crashes some, hope they can fix that. But instead of bringing a magazine or print offs, this is a great option. They also update the data with injuries and such every 24 hours.
Old Jul 27, 2011, 12:03 PM   #6
MrMacMini
macrumors regular

Im hoping for one to be released soon as well. Last year I used the ESPN Fantasy Football Draft kit. Didnt have to take any magazines or print outs to my draft. I loved it, hopefully something similar is created for the iPad!
Old Aug 20, 2011, 10:05 PM   #7
mffl04
macrumors member

Quote:
Originally Posted by USMCGRUNT View Post
Mff, I've been posting all over this same question. I use CBS for my league and I am the commish. I'm looking for something descent so I don't have to bring anything but the iPad to the draft, I.e sheets I can fill in for each team, maybe a timer, etc.

I've been looking at roto wire along with this new one I found called 2011 Fantasy Football Calculator & Draft Kit HD for $1.99. Keep me posted if you come up with anything. Thanks.
After some playing around with different apps, I thought I would share my opinions. I got an app called Draft Night. The app has up dateable rankings, and you use the iPad to make your selections in the draft by passing the iPad around. It also has an option that allows you to link to a website and it acts as a draft board, updating as your selections take place.

For just a cheat sheet, the ESPN Cheat Sheet HD is pretty nice. The UI is very appealing. You can also create your own rankings for each of your drafts, that make the rankings reflect the scoring in your league.

MacRumors Forums > Apple Applications > iPad Apps