Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

SimonBS

macrumors regular
Original poster
Dec 30, 2009
Hello,

I want to display a PDF document as a book in an application on the iPad. It has to have the "page flip" animation. I also need to have clickable areas in the PDF document. When a given area in the PDF is clicked a dialog should appear in the application.

I have been searching around this site but I have mostly come across answers suggesting HTML or saying that the iPad has a built-in PDF reader but that won't do it in my case.

I heard about the Leaves project and I have tried it out. It is easy to work with and gives the page flip animation I was looking for but as mentioned on the project's page, Leaves does not support interactive elements on a page.

Does anyone know of a way (preferably, a library) I can read a PDF, show it like a book and have clickable elements? It would be nice if I could just make the elements clickable inside the PDF and have the iPad application read these links.

The PDF will be created using Adobe InDesign.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.