Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > Programming > iPhone/iPad Programming

Old Jul 24, 2011, 02:27 PM   #1
SimonBS
macrumors regular

iPad PDF book with clickable objects

Hello,

I want to display a PDF document as a book in an application on the iPad. It has to have the "page flip" animation. I also need to have clickable areas in the PDF document. When a given area in the PDF is clicked a dialog should appear in the application.

I have been searching around this site but I have mostly come across answers suggesting HTML or saying that the iPad has a built-in PDF reader but that won't do it in my case.

I heard about the Leaves project and I have tried it out. It is easy to work with and gives the page flip animation I was looking for but as mentioned on the project's page, Leaves does not support interactive elements on a page.

Does anyone know of a way (preferably, a library) I can read a PDF, show it like a book and have clickable elements? It would be nice if I could just make the elements clickable inside the PDF and have the iPad application read these links.

The PDF will be created using Adobe InDesign.

MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > Programming > iPhone/iPad Programming

Tags
element, interactive, ipad, page, pdf