Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Notebooks > MacBook Air

Old Jul 24, 2011, 02:52 PM   #1
Flagg
macrumors member

If there were a dock for the MBA, would you buy it?

I'm thinking something similar to the Sony Vaio Z that has a video card and a CDRW/Blu-Ray player, possibly connecting through the Thunderbolt port. If this were offered at, say, a $199 price tag, would you get it?
Flagg is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 24, 2011, 02:54 PM   #2
Cynicalone
macrumors 68040

If I didn't have a desktop and the MBA was my only computer I would definitely consider it.
Cynicalone is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 24, 2011, 02:54 PM   #3
iExpensive
macrumors 6502

depending on the hardware yes
iExpensive is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 24, 2011, 02:59 PM   #4
sporadicMotion
macrumors 65816

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flagg View Post
I'm thinking something similar to the Sony Vaio Z that has a video card and a CDRW/Blu-Ray player, possibly connecting through the Thunderbolt port. If this were offered at, say, a $199 price tag, would you get it?
The only part I might be interested in is the graphics card. I have zero use for optical drives and I'm very happy to embrace no optical media in my home.

I'd be more interested in the hub from the new cinema display with a video card thrown in (ignoring any potential bandwidth issues) or even as I said in another thread; a cinema display like the new one but with a built in video card... a little niche unfortunately but it would be great.
sporadicMotion is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 24, 2011, 03:08 PM   #5
theSeb
macrumors 603

The new Thunderbolt Display has nearly everything that I need, except for eSATA and USB 3. I am ready to embrace the TB future and will happily pay the premium for a TB peripherals, but where are they? I need to copy stuff quickly NOW.

I already have a 24" ACD and I am not sure that I want to get the new 27" ATD, especially considering the rip-off price in the UK (899).
theSeb is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Notebooks > MacBook Air