Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Desktops > iMac

Old Jul 24, 2011, 09:31 PM   #1
hhaydenn
macrumors regular

How To Remove Server Part Of Lion?

Ok, so my friend gave me Server.app on a usb so I just opened it etc. and now I want to make it so it was before I opened that and it configured. Basically I want (see photo) this, go back to just Mac OS X Lion 10.7
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2011-07-25 at 12.22.23 PM.png
Views:	110
Size:	99.9 KB
ID:	295792  
hhaydenn is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 25, 2011, 07:37 AM   #2
ForI
Banned

Who cares? It doesn't affect the operation of the computer in any way if you don't use the server app.
ForI is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 18, 2011, 05:21 PM   #3
Billy Boo Bob
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForI View Post
Who cares? It doesn't affect the operation of the computer in any way if you don't use the server app.
Actually, Software Update will still think it's Server, but there's an easy way to fix it...

In System/Library/CoreServices/ there's two files... ServerVersion.plist and SystemVersion.plist... This appears to be where it gets the info for the "About This Mac" dialog, but it also effects what Software Update does... If ServerVersion.plist is present, it will look for updates for Server... If it's not there, then it moves on to SystemVersion.plist and SW Update will then operate on Client OS updates. There's also, IIRC, some changes in System Prefs, too, between the two.

For the most part I'm sure that there's really no difference on the OS update for either one, though.

And it's none of your damn business what Apple gear I own.
Billy Boo Bob is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Desktops > iMac

Tags
help to remove, imac, lion, mac, server