Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

macbook pro i5

macrumors 65816
Original poster
May 13, 2011
New Zealand
hi guys i recently lost my iPod touch 4 and i no the serial no for so can i get it replaced by apple btw in NZ auckland there rant apple stores but if i give my serial no to the place that i got it from will they give me a new one

Obscurelight

macrumors 6502
Jul 22, 2011
NYC
hi guys i recently lost my iPod touch 4 and i no the serial no for so can i get it replaced by apple btw in NZ auckland there rant apple stores but if i give my serial no to the place that i got it from will they give me a new one

If they gave replacement for stolen goods then everyone would run to apple stores claiming to have their apple products stolen.

macbook pro i5

macrumors 65816
Original poster
May 13, 2011
New Zealand
To a manufacturer: stolen = lost.

Put a claim in under your insurance. I just hope your deductible is less than the cost of a iPod Touch.

Consider this a lesson to watch your stuff better.

phew i was lucky my dad insured it getting replacement tomorrow which is 64 GB no 32GB like my old one:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Aadi93

macrumors newbie
Aug 2, 2011
You can get a replacement for your ipod if and only if it had insurance. Otherwise, you cannot expect apple to provide you a replacement when there wasn't anything wrong with their device. It was your fault that you lost it so unfortunately apple doesn't have anything to do with it.
smiles.png

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.