Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Mac Peripherals

Old Jul 25, 2011, 02:37 AM   #1
Uplift
macrumors regular

Access Time Machine backup on Windows?

Is there any way i can access a time machine backup disk on windows?

I've upgraded to Lion and now i can't access any of my files as they were all backed up on my NAS - QNAP are slow with the release of the supported firmware, very annoying as judging by their statement on the forums they have only just started work on it.

When i try to connect to TM i get a connection failed and when trying through Time Machine it says it's not supported.

The filesystem is EXT4, any other way i can access the files?

I found something called MacDrive which claims to allow access from Windows but i need to mount the TimeMachine .. when i access the drive i can only see the network shares, no TM backups.
Uplift is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Mac Peripherals