Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > OS X > Mac OS X Server, Xserve, and Networking

Old Jul 25, 2011, 01:26 PM   #1
editornemw
macrumors newbie

Question about Old G5 XServe running 10.5.8

I've got four drives. One is running OS X server 10.5.8, two contain media and one is the original that contains video editing software.

How do I configure the server to use the two media drives to provide their media when the server is called on via the Web? I tried putting aliases into the /Webserver/Documents/ folder, but even if I connect to the server from my Powerbook via AFP the aliases are seen only as aliases, they do not allow me through to see the contents.

I want to keep the drives a separate and discreet devices that contain only media data. One is for serving audio files over the Net, the other is for video files.

Many thanks
editornemw is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > OS X > Mac OS X Server, Xserve, and Networking