Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Special Interests > Digital Audio

Old Jul 25, 2011, 07:57 PM   #1
VoicOfReason
macrumors newbie

New fix for Apogee Duet under OSX Lion

I have read the fixes so far for the Apogee Duet under OSX Lion, e.g. killing off "duetDaemon", etc.

Here's a new one. Disconnect the duet, run the official uninstaller, and let it reboot. Then plug-in the Duet and re-select it as output device. Now, the Duet seems to work just fine and no killing of processes is needed. Of course, you can't go in and run Maestro b/c it doesn't exist, but when I killed of duetDaemon before it was annoying, it still didn't allow me to use the keyboard volume control for the Duet, and I was getting crackling audio with another drive running off the same firewire port. With THIS method (uninstalling the software) it at least works and you get volume control back.

Try it out and let me know what you think!

Temporary solution until August, at least.
VoicOfReason is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 25, 2011, 07:58 PM   #2
VoicOfReason
macrumors newbie

Almost forgot.

... almost forgot: the green light will be blinking and you need to hold down the knob to un-mute initially.
Old Jul 25, 2011, 08:28 PM   #3
HoldernessMedia
macrumors regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by VoicOfReason View Post
I have read the fixes so far for the Apogee Duet under OSX Lion, e.g. killing off "duetDaemon", etc.

Here's a new one. Disconnect the duet, run the official uninstaller, and let it reboot. Then plug-in the Duet and re-select it as output device. Now, the Duet seems to work just fine and no killing of processes is needed. Of course, you can't go in and run Maestro b/c it doesn't exist, but when I killed of duetDaemon before it was annoying, it still didn't allow me to use the keyboard volume control for the Duet, and I was getting crackling audio with another drive running off the same firewire port. With THIS method (uninstalling the software) it at least works and you get volume control back.

Try it out and let me know what you think!

Temporary solution until August, at least.
Does this still allow you to choose different inputs though, without having Maestro? What about recording? Or is this just working for audio playback?

If it works decent I'll add it to the original thread as another option.
HoldernessMedia is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 26, 2011, 10:31 AM   #4
Papanate
macrumors regular

Interesting...unfortunately in my case I need to be able to switch Phantom and line/mic...so I need the Maestro software.
Papanate is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 27, 2011, 09:56 AM   #5
VoicOfReason
macrumors newbie

You can still hit the Duet dial to mute (if held down) and also to change inputs (if held pressed briefly). So, yes, I can verify this.
Old Jul 29, 2011, 08:32 PM   #6
join
macrumors newbie

It works well here but it is impossible to switch between Instrument and Mic for each input without Maestro...
join is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 29, 2011, 08:38 PM   #7
vkt
macrumors newbie

Worked perfectly, thank you!
vkt is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 17, 2011, 03:20 PM   #8
Mark Octavian
macrumors newbie

Well, this is kinda obvious, because Duet doesn't need any drivers to work as a generic Fire-Wire audio output device. For the inputs, however, you do need those drivers. Without them, you won't be able hear your electric guitar or mic.
Mark Octavian is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Special Interests > Digital Audio