|Jul 26, 2011, 06:58 AM||#1|
System Drive : Can't apply color label ?
Just noticed since updating to Lion I can't apply a color label to my Macintosh System Drive ? All my other drives are working grand ?
A gentleman is one who never hurts anyone's feelings unintentionally.
|Jul 30, 2011, 05:33 PM||#2|
Yeah, I've been googling on how to do it too =)) It turned out to be very easy. For all of you who are trying to find out how to change the label colour of the system drive in the new OS X Lion, here is how you do it:
1. Secondary click on a drive -> Get Info
2. Find Sharing & Permissions and click a small lock icon
3. Enter your admin password
4. Then change the "everyone" user's permissions to Read & Write
5. Now you are able to change the label colour of the system drive. Change it to whatever you want. After that don't forget to change the permissions for user "everyone" back to Read.
Good luck =))
|Thread Tools||Search this Thread|
|thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|UEFI Win 8 on external TB drive. Boot Screen Label||MrGimper||iMac||0||May 8, 2014 12:02 PM|
|Color label files depending on iTunes rating?||TheGenerous||Digital Audio||2||May 26, 2013 10:54 PM|
|xCode label text color change||kushalashok||Web Design and Development||1||Feb 15, 2013 06:22 AM|
|changing color for a label||azrael2000||Mac Programming||4||Jan 31, 2013 05:12 PM|
|Label color of Windows Partition Icon||tv3636||OS X||0||Jul 1, 2012 06:25 AM|
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:29 PM.