|Jul 26, 2011, 05:58 AM||#1|
System Drive : Can't apply color label ?
Just noticed since updating to Lion I can't apply a color label to my Macintosh System Drive ? All my other drives are working grand ?
A gentleman is one who never hurts anyone's feelings unintentionally.
Microsoft MVP : Macintosh
|Jul 30, 2011, 04:33 PM||#2|
Yeah, I've been googling on how to do it too =)) It turned out to be very easy. For all of you who are trying to find out how to change the label colour of the system drive in the new OS X Lion, here is how you do it:
1. Secondary click on a drive -> Get Info
2. Find Sharing & Permissions and click a small lock icon
3. Enter your admin password
4. Then change the "everyone" user's permissions to Read & Write
5. Now you are able to change the label colour of the system drive. Change it to whatever you want. After that don't forget to change the permissions for user "everyone" back to Read.
Good luck =))
|Thread Tools||Search this Thread|
|thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|Strange colors on 2nd monitor||Allisone||MacBook||21||Oct 30, 2012 11:28 AM|
|Apply Gmail labels in mail client||ctbear||Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks||1||Dec 17, 2010 10:07 AM|
|apply colored label to drive||Jorgxus||OS X||2||Aug 4, 2010 11:52 AM|
|Can't Install New System Drive on G5||keith moore||PowerPC Macs||2||Jan 10, 2010 12:31 PM|
|Snow Leopard installer can't see my system drive||Spades||OS X||3||Sep 3, 2009 04:41 PM|
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:01 PM.