Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > Programming > iPhone/iPad Programming

Old Jul 26, 2011, 09:59 AM   #1
francis21
macrumors member

Location of an Application's Sandbox

Hey people! Well, I'm trying to create a database for my program (using sqlite3). And I just need to confirm that a database file has been created. Since I'm using Xcode 4.1 for Mac OS X Lion, the default location of the application sandbox has been changed. So I was wondering where I can find my application's sandbox. Thanks.
francis21 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 29, 2011, 09:30 PM   #2
Sykte
macrumors regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by francis21 View Post
Hey people! Well, I'm trying to create a database for my program (using sqlite3). And I just need to confirm that a database file has been created. Since I'm using Xcode 4.1 for Mac OS X Lion, the default location of the application sandbox has been changed. So I was wondering where I can find my application's sandbox. Thanks.

Open Xcode, go into Preferences, click on Locations, take a look at the derived data path.

Edit: Jiminaus is correct on the path. I guess I jumped to conclusions before reading your entire post. ooops.

Last edited by Sykte; Jul 30, 2011 at 10:33 AM.
Sykte is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 29, 2011, 11:29 PM   #3
jiminaus
macrumors 65816

~/Library/Application Support/iPhone Simulator/<iOS version>/Applications/<guid>

In there you'll find the application's app, Documents, Library and tmp directories.
jiminaus is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 30, 2011, 10:31 AM   #4
Sykte
macrumors regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by jiminaus View Post
~/Library/Application Support/iPhone Simulator/<iOS version>/Applications/<guid>

In there you'll find the application's app, Documents, Library and tmp directories.

Jiminaus is correct. Sorry for jumping to conclusions. I noticed my mistake this morning when I woke up.

Last edited by Sykte; Jul 30, 2011 at 10:36 AM.
Sykte is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > Programming > iPhone/iPad Programming