Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone > iPhone Accessories

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old Jul 26, 2011, 12:34 PM   #1
JetBlack7
macrumors 68000
 
JetBlack7's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Portugal
Book Book for iPhone

http://9to5mac.com/2011/07/26/bookbo...is/#more-85253

from 9to5mac.com


I like it but $59? yeah right...
__________________
iPhone 6 Space Gray 64GB Game Center ID: JetBlack7
JetBlack7 is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 26, 2011, 12:38 PM   #2
tigress666
macrumors 68040
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Washington State
That's pretty cool. And honestly, I'd say it is worth the price *shrug*.

Only reason I'm not more interested myself is I game on my iphone and that looks like it would be awkward to use my phone to play a game.
__________________
2010 Macbook Pro, 2007 Macbook, gutted out Gateway (still a PC, only case is original) that needs an OS installed on it, 400 MHz G4, non working Macintosh Performa (I really should chuck that one).
tigress666 is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 26, 2011, 12:39 PM   #3
JetBlack7
Thread Starter
macrumors 68000
 
JetBlack7's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Portugal
Quote:
Originally Posted by tigress666 View Post
That's pretty cool. And honestly, I'd say it is worth the price *shrug*.

Only reason I'm not more interested myself is I game on my iphone and that looks like it would be awkward to use my phone to play a game.
Exactly the same as me

You know what's the problem? Credit cards and phones don't match, because the phone de-magnetizes the credit card.
__________________
iPhone 6 Space Gray 64GB Game Center ID: JetBlack7

Last edited by JetBlack7; Jul 26, 2011 at 12:46 PM.
JetBlack7 is offline   -4 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 26, 2011, 01:26 PM   #4
JonHimself
macrumors 68000
 
JonHimself's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Toronto, Ontario
I'm wondering what the thickness is like. It looks to be about double the iPhone when you put a few cards in there. I like only having one 'thing' to carry but I'm not sure how that would sit/look in a front pocked (and likely wouldn't go in a back pocket because you wouldn't want to sit on your phone).

As for de-magnetizing, my phone and credit cards have been next to each other in a pocket numerous times and nothing happened. I think Mythbusters did a show on that as well and concluded it was very difficult to accidently de-mag those cards... I'm sure it's happened to people though, you definitely hear about it enough. Who knows.
__________________
shambo, Changing the definition of "future proof" since April 2009.
JonHimself is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 26, 2011, 01:43 PM   #5
JetBlack7
Thread Starter
macrumors 68000
 
JetBlack7's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Portugal
Quote:
Originally Posted by JonHimself View Post
I'm wondering what the thickness is like. It looks to be about double the iPhone when you put a few cards in there. I like only having one 'thing' to carry but I'm not sure how that would sit/look in a front pocked (and likely wouldn't go in a back pocket because you wouldn't want to sit on your phone).

As for de-magnetizing, my phone and credit cards have been next to each other in a pocket numerous times and nothing happened. I think Mythbusters did a show on that as well and concluded it was very difficult to accidently de-mag those cards... I'm sure it's happened to people though, you definitely hear about it enough. Who knows.
Gonna look it up on youtube then
__________________
iPhone 6 Space Gray 64GB Game Center ID: JetBlack7
JetBlack7 is offline   -1 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 26, 2011, 04:28 PM   #6
illini71
macrumors member
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
I want one
illini71 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 26, 2011, 06:48 PM   #7
SchneiderMan
macrumors 604
 
SchneiderMan's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Apple state
I'm lucky enough to have my hands on it. It's probably the most amazing thing I've ever seen and used with my iPhone 4. Anyone who loves the idea will love the BookBook (:
For anyone who thinks this is pricy, if LV made such a case it would have cost as much as $500..
It's totally worth its price tag imo. That's all from my fist impressions though (:
__________________
Gdgtmac.com // TheGearGrid.com <Featuring The Best In Tech
SchneiderMan is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 26, 2011, 06:53 PM   #8
kfergiez
macrumors 6502
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by JetBlack7 View Post
You know what's the problem? Credit cards and phones don't match, because the phone de-magnetizes the credit card.
The only way you can demag a credit card is to expose it to a powerful electromagnet with alternating current.... A single pole magnet won't demagnetize a card.
kfergiez is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 26, 2011, 07:19 PM   #9
Neoaucourant
macrumors member
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by SchneiderMan View Post
I'm lucky enough to have my hands on it. It's probably the most amazing thing I've ever seen and used with my iPhone 4. Anyone who loves the idea will love the BookBook (:
For anyone who thinks this is pricy, if LV made such a case it would have cost as much as $500..
It's totally worth its price tag imo. That's all from my fist impressions though (:
Does this case interfere when using the phone to take/make calls?
Neoaucourant is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 26, 2011, 07:35 PM   #10
tardman91
macrumors 6502a
 
tardman91's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Tampa Area, FL
I like the idea, but how stupid would you look talking on that thing? It would be better if the phone slid out or something and wasn't strapped in there.
tardman91 is online now   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 26, 2011, 07:39 PM   #11
jackwins
macrumors regular
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by SchneiderMan View Post
I'm lucky enough to have my hands on it. It's probably the most amazing thing I've ever seen and used with my iPhone 4. Anyone who loves the idea will love the BookBook (:
For anyone who thinks this is pricy, if LV made such a case it would have cost as much as $500..
It's totally worth its price tag imo. That's all from my fist impressions though (:
I just ordered one. I should have it Friday. I'll let you know how it is.
__________________
- Jackwins
13" MBAir Ultimate
128GB iPhone 6 Plus
32GB iPad Air
jackwins is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 26, 2011, 07:41 PM   #12
JetBlack7
Thread Starter
macrumors 68000
 
JetBlack7's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Portugal
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackwins View Post
I just ordered one. I should have it Friday. I'll let you know how it is.
I surrendered and bought one too. I'll have to wait till next week since I live in Portugal it's gonna take some time
__________________
iPhone 6 Space Gray 64GB Game Center ID: JetBlack7
JetBlack7 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 26, 2011, 09:05 PM   #13
Mr. Biggles
macrumors 6502
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Western New York
Quote:
Originally Posted by tardman91 View Post
I like the idea, but how stupid would you look talking on that thing? It would be better if the phone slid out or something and wasn't strapped in there.
I really like Twelve South products, but I agree wholeheartedly with you on this.
Mr. Biggles is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 26, 2011, 09:22 PM   #14
SchneiderMan
macrumors 604
 
SchneiderMan's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Apple state
Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neoaucourant View Post
Does this case interfere when using the phone to take/make calls?
Not really no. There's of course the matter of flipping back the front cover and because it's designed like a hardback cover book, you won't be able to lay the front cover flat against te back. Still though, once you get used to it it's nothing. There's also letting the leather "break-in".

Quote:
Originally Posted by tardman91 View Post
I like the idea, but how stupid would you look talking on that thing? It would be better if the phone slid out or something and wasn't strapped in there.
Actually it doesn't look stupid. Once you flip it open the book-look isn't there.

Still, for those who aren't used to flip style cases, the BookBook will take even more getting used to. I suggest hitting your Apple Store to try one out if you're hesitant.

I should also mention that if you use you camera a lot then unfortunately this isn't the case for you.
__________________
Gdgtmac.com // TheGearGrid.com <Featuring The Best In Tech
SchneiderMan is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 27, 2011, 05:27 AM   #15
Maaz
macrumors 6502a
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Just ordered this. Can't wait. Just hoping it fits well with the next iPhone. But I doubt it.
Maaz is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 27, 2011, 08:30 AM   #16
der-kaiser
macrumors 6502
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Brisbane
That is one unique case! Looks really well made.
der-kaiser is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 27, 2011, 09:20 AM   #17
mcdj
macrumors 604
 
mcdj's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: NYC
Losing your phone…inconvenient.
Losing your wallet…maddening.
Losing your phone AND your wallet…disasterous.
mcdj is offline   5 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 27, 2011, 10:31 AM   #18
JonHimself
macrumors 68000
 
JonHimself's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Toronto, Ontario
Quote:
Originally Posted by SchneiderMan View Post
I'm lucky enough to have my hands on it. It's probably the most amazing thing I've ever seen and used with my iPhone 4. Anyone who loves the idea will love the BookBook (:
For anyone who thinks this is pricy, if LV made such a case it would have cost as much as $500..
It's totally worth its price tag imo. That's all from my fist impressions though (:
Can you measure the thickness/let me know how many cards have in it? Also wondering what the thickness is if you were to apply pressure (like having it in your pocket? I'm on the fence. I love the idea of one item for my wallet/phone but usually avoid using cases.
__________________
shambo, Changing the definition of "future proof" since April 2009.
JonHimself is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 27, 2011, 03:58 PM   #19
SchneiderMan
macrumors 604
 
SchneiderMan's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Apple state
Quote:
Originally Posted by JonHimself View Post
Can you measure the thickness/let me know how many cards have in it? Also wondering what the thickness is if you were to apply pressure (like having it in your pocket? I'm on the fence. I love the idea of one item for my wallet/phone but usually avoid using cases.
Just shy under 2mm with 3 cards.
__________________
Gdgtmac.com // TheGearGrid.com <Featuring The Best In Tech
SchneiderMan is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 27, 2011, 06:42 PM   #20
Daremo
macrumors 68000
 
Daremo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Chicago
Send a message via AIM to Daremo Send a message via Skype™ to Daremo
One less thing to carry... Man, I LOVE this case. My issues, I use my phone in a dock in the car all the time, and why oh why didn't they add a camera hole?

Still... I may need to get this!
__________________
Paul
Follow me on : TWITTER
Novembers Doom
Universal iOS app : Novembers Doom : The Wayfaring Chronicles
Daremo is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 27, 2011, 07:45 PM   #21
fishmd
macrumors 65816
 
fishmd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Sunny South Florida
So they are selling these in the brick and mortar Apple stores?
fishmd is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 27, 2011, 08:24 PM   #22
JetBlack7
Thread Starter
macrumors 68000
 
JetBlack7's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Portugal
Quote:
Originally Posted by fishmd View Post
So they are selling these in the brick and mortar Apple stores?
Only online sales.
__________________
iPhone 6 Space Gray 64GB Game Center ID: JetBlack7
JetBlack7 is offline   -2 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 27, 2011, 08:26 PM   #23
MacDawg
macrumors P6
 
MacDawg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: "Between the Hedges"
Ordered one... and a case for the iPad as well
MacDawg is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 27, 2011, 10:17 PM   #24
FieldingMellish
macrumors 65816
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
So instead of a home boy robbing your phone, they've got your wallet as well. I'd like to see this product have a writing pad for scrawling notes real fast. Then, they can be entered properly later on.
FieldingMellish is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 28, 2011, 10:25 AM   #25
Cat5e
macrumors member
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcdj View Post
Losing your phone…inconvenient.
Losing your wallet…maddening.
Losing your phone AND your wallet…disasterous.
You can look at it from this point of view as well, using Find my iPhone, you can now find your wallet as well!

I ordered one and it should be here today. I think it's going to be awesome.
Cat5e is offline   3 Reply With Quote

Reply
MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone > iPhone Accessories

Tags
book book, case, iphone 4s

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Similar Threads
thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Amazon and Other Book Retailers Issuing Refunds in E-Book Publisher Settlement MacRumors Mac Blog Discussion 54 Mar 29, 2014 09:19 PM
Proposed E-Book Publisher Settlement Could See Customers Receiving Up to $3 Per Book Purchased MacRumors MacRumors.com News Discussion 124 Sep 4, 2013 07:30 AM
Finished Objective-C book... can't understand iOS book Red87445 iPhone/iPad Programming 18 Sep 8, 2012 07:02 AM
iPhone Book Book Reviews Lioncrazz iPhone Accessories 2 Jul 18, 2012 05:21 PM

Forum Jump

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:37 PM.

Mac Rumors | Mac | iPhone | iPhone Game Reviews | iPhone Apps

Mobile Version | Fixed | Fluid | Fluid HD
Copyright 2002-2013, MacRumors.com, LLC