Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > Programming > iPhone/iPad Programming

Old Jul 26, 2011, 11:43 AM   #1
ljg93
Banned

Push Notifications Mac OSX Lion Server

I just bought the Mac OSX Lion Server because I thought you needed to have your own server to send push notifications. Does Anyone know how to get push notifications running on an app using the MAc OSX Lion Server?
ljg93 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 26, 2011, 08:07 PM   #2
holmesf
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by ljg93 View Post
I just bought the Mac OSX Lion Server because I thought you needed to have your own server to send push notifications. Does Anyone know how to get push notifications running on an app using the MAc OSX Lion Server?
You do need to have your own server to send push notifications. Does that mean you need the server version of Mac OS X, or even a Mac at all? No. Always research this sort of thing before making purchases.

Documentation is here:
http://developer.apple.com/library/i...8194-CH101-SW1

And here's a tutorial that may help you:
http://maniacdev.com/2011/05/tutoria...for-beginners/

In general I don't think it's for the faint of heart.

Last edited by holmesf; Jul 26, 2011 at 08:13 PM.
holmesf is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > Programming > iPhone/iPad Programming