Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > OS X > Mac OS X Server, Xserve, and Networking

Old Jul 26, 2011, 11:57 AM   #1
paziu
macrumors newbie

NETATALK / AFP on Linux

Hello,

I am running netatalk package to provide AFP for OSX users along with SAMBA,
After a successful login to the system, when trying to connect to an AFP:// share, I am getting a name/password window/prompt - I basically need to re-type the same authentication as when logging in to the OSX client.
When using SMB:// it does not prompt and the specific user gets authenticated correctly.
It looks like, SMB re-sends the authentication, when using AFP, OSX does not ( looked in the log files - there is no login/password being sent... )

Question - is there a way to make OSX re-send the user/password when connecting to a remote AFP share?

Thank you and have a good day,

Mike
paziu is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 28, 2011, 01:13 PM   #2
Mattie Num Nums
macrumors 68030

Quote:
Originally Posted by paziu View Post
Hello,

I am running netatalk package to provide AFP for OSX users along with SAMBA,
After a successful login to the system, when trying to connect to an AFP:// share, I am getting a name/password window/prompt - I basically need to re-type the same authentication as when logging in to the OSX client.
When using SMB:// it does not prompt and the specific user gets authenticated correctly.
It looks like, SMB re-sends the authentication, when using AFP, OSX does not ( looked in the log files - there is no login/password being sent... )

Question - is there a way to make OSX re-send the user/password when connecting to a remote AFP share?

Thank you and have a good day,

Mike
Is your system Kerberized?

MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > OS X > Mac OS X Server, Xserve, and Networking