Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Buying Tips and Advice

View Poll Results: Best Accounting Software for Apple iMac?
QuickBooks 2011 1 50.00%
Quicken 0 0%
AccountEdge 1 50.00%
iBiz 0 0%
iBank 0 0%
Sage Peachtree Complete 0 0%
Voters: 2. You may not vote on this poll

Old Jul 26, 2011, 06:15 PM   #1
Mac2004
macrumors regular

Good Small Business Accounting Software for iMac computer

I need a good Apple accounting program for a small home business.

I would like something that works well on an Apple and has a good overall reputation (stable, not buggy, easy to use, good interface, invoice templates, etc.).

I mostly need to generate invoices and keep an invoice and payment history on about 25 customers of mine.

The ones I have looked at so far are: QuickBooks 2011 for Mac, Quicken, Peachtree, iBank, iBiz, and MYOB AccountEdge (now Acclivity).

Any suggestions????
Mac2004 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 26, 2011, 06:32 PM   #2
PinkyMacGodess
macrumors 68000

The only thing that I can say is that unless they completely re-wrote Quickbooks for the Mac, it's so lame and disgusting that I switched to a PC for that software.

Heck, I still have issues from the database from Quickbooks that I transferred from the PC to the Mac and back to the PC. BLEEECH!
PinkyMacGodess is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 26, 2011, 08:57 PM   #3
SOT DOC
macrumors newbie

I use quickbooks pro but the windows version. I run win7 in parallels for just this one program. But a good person to ask is your accountant. This way your information is compatible with what they use.
SOT DOC is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 12, 2011, 12:33 AM   #4
snberk103
macrumors 603

I'm using Accountedge. No problems, though it may be overkill for what you want. However they may be about to release a "lite" version - so check it out. It's never crashed on me, over many years of use. I've found no bugs, though sometimes the interface can be quirky. Lots of features and reports. You can customize the plain paper forms to create your perfect look. I have no experience with other applications, but nothing my friends have said have made me want to switch. I found AE easy to use.
snberk103 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 16, 2011, 07:50 AM   #5
apple-ette
macrumors member

MoneyWorks has a whole suite of products http://cognito.co.nz/products/ I have only used the trial version of Cashbook, but it seemed to be a good product. I have seem many good reviews for their products too.
apple-ette is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 16, 2011, 08:06 AM   #6
RUGERMAN
macrumors regular

Multiledger

I'd recommend taking a look at Multi ledger from Check Mark software. I have used it since the 1980s and have never had any problems. It does invoices, statements, POs etc. Ii is a full featured accounting program and maybe more than you need, but it is reasonably priced and will definitely do the job for you. I used it for doing the the books for clients with a variety of types of business and never found anything it couldn't handle. They also have a good stand alone payroll program.
RUGERMAN is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 16, 2011, 08:22 AM   #7
mbhebsgaard
macrumors regular

I use these
http://www.e-conomic.com/

Its subscription based and works through the browser.
Old Jun 26, 2012, 06:56 AM   #8
jazzalbart
macrumors newbie

I use Solar Accounts on my Mac for our business accounts. It's a pretty simple application to use and cheap to buy. It has a 60 days trial so you can try it out for yourself if you haven't tested already. I'm not able to compare it to Kashflow or any other application myself, because I've not used others.

accountants toronto
jazzalbart is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Buying Tips and Advice