Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

basketball24

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 26, 2011
My iPhone 4 on ios 5 has been sending the same text multiple times. Sometimes even 5 times. When i message someone, on the top it would say "sending 5 of 5". Sometimes it wouldnt even say it and the person who I texted tell me they get my texts 3 times. This has been a recurring issue since beta 1. On ios 4, sometimes i wouldnt get my friends texts.

Verizon iPhone

SDub90

macrumors 6502a
Nov 9, 2009
Long Island
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3_3 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8J2 Safari/6533.18.5)

Just to throw this out there:

All of my friends with Verizon, regardless of the phone, will send multiples and sometimes receive multiples of text messages. Blackberry, iPhone, and androids on Verizon do it to me (gsm iPhone) and other friends. This has been going on for me for about 2 years. And it's not just Verizon to AT&T my friends with t-mobile and sprint have the same issues with Verizon users.

Aduntu

macrumors 6502a
Mar 29, 2010
I'm having this same problem, which didn't begin, for me, until iOS 5. I'm constantly seeing "Sending 2 of 2" or something similar and friends are letting me know they are receiving the same message two and three times.

I'm also using an iPhone 4 on Verizon.

I'm going to report the bug, but wanted to chime in here to support what the OP said.

XIOS5

macrumors newbie
Oct 24, 2011
My iPhone 4 on ios 5 has been sending the same text multiple times. Sometimes even 5 times. When i message someone, on the top it would say "sending 5 of 5". Sometimes it wouldnt even say it and the person who I texted tell me they get my texts 3 times. This has been a recurring issue since beta 1. On ios 4, sometimes i wouldnt get my friends texts.

Verizon iPhone

Same thing is happening to me. I txt a message on saturday and they are getting 20-30 repeated txt. the same one over and over. I deleted thier contact info, rebooted and still getting them. Anyone out there seeing this?

brittmeg87

macrumors newbie
Dec 29, 2011
Texts in Limbo?

I've had multiple people tell me (AT&T, Sprint, AND Verizon users) that they are receiving sometimes 2 or 3 of the same text I send from my Verizon iPhone 4. I've only sent these messages once, and sometimes it says the message was sent and they never even got it. I've also had people tell me they sent me texts that I never received. This is very frustrating, and has caused more than a few problems if you can imagine...

Dave Felix

macrumors 6502a
Apr 9, 2011
Scranton, Pennsylvania
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3_3 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8J2 Safari/6533.18.5)

Just to throw this out there:

All of my friends with Verizon, regardless of the phone, will send multiples and sometimes receive multiples of text messages. Blackberry, iPhone, and androids on Verizon do it to me (gsm iPhone) and other friends. This has been going on for me for about 2 years. And it's not just Verizon to AT&T my friends with t-mobile and sprint have the same issues with Verizon users.

Much agreed! I've had verizon for four years and no matter what phone you have it'll send sometimes three messages and give you the "failure" notification. Therefore you send it again and end up sending the person four messages consisting of the same thing. I have no idea why it does that.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.