Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone > iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting

Old Jul 26, 2011, 10:35 PM   #1
basketball24
macrumors newbie

iPhone 4 sending the same text multiple times!

My iPhone 4 on ios 5 has been sending the same text multiple times. Sometimes even 5 times. When i message someone, on the top it would say "sending 5 of 5". Sometimes it wouldnt even say it and the person who I texted tell me they get my texts 3 times. This has been a recurring issue since beta 1. On ios 4, sometimes i wouldnt get my friends texts.

Verizon iPhone
basketball24 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 26, 2011, 10:40 PM   #2
SDub90
macrumors 6502a

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3_3 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8J2 Safari/6533.18.5)

Just to throw this out there:

All of my friends with Verizon, regardless of the phone, will send multiples and sometimes receive multiples of text messages. Blackberry, iPhone, and androids on Verizon do it to me (gsm iPhone) and other friends. This has been going on for me for about 2 years. And it's not just Verizon to AT&T my friends with t-mobile and sprint have the same issues with Verizon users.
SDub90 is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 2, 2011, 02:04 PM   #3
Aduntu
macrumors 6502a

I'm having this same problem, which didn't begin, for me, until iOS 5. I'm constantly seeing "Sending 2 of 2" or something similar and friends are letting me know they are receiving the same message two and three times.

I'm also using an iPhone 4 on Verizon.

I'm going to report the bug, but wanted to chime in here to support what the OP said.
Aduntu is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 24, 2011, 07:47 PM   #4
XIOS5
macrumors newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by basketball24 View Post
My iPhone 4 on ios 5 has been sending the same text multiple times. Sometimes even 5 times. When i message someone, on the top it would say "sending 5 of 5". Sometimes it wouldnt even say it and the person who I texted tell me they get my texts 3 times. This has been a recurring issue since beta 1. On ios 4, sometimes i wouldnt get my friends texts.

Verizon iPhone
Same thing is happening to me. I txt a message on saturday and they are getting 20-30 repeated txt. the same one over and over. I deleted thier contact info, rebooted and still getting them. Anyone out there seeing this?
XIOS5 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 29, 2011, 02:48 PM   #5
brittmeg87
macrumors newbie

Texts in Limbo?

I've had multiple people tell me (AT&T, Sprint, AND Verizon users) that they are receiving sometimes 2 or 3 of the same text I send from my Verizon iPhone 4. I've only sent these messages once, and sometimes it says the message was sent and they never even got it. I've also had people tell me they sent me texts that I never received. This is very frustrating, and has caused more than a few problems if you can imagine...
brittmeg87 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 29, 2011, 03:40 PM   #6
Dave Felix
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDub90 View Post
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3_3 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8J2 Safari/6533.18.5)

Just to throw this out there:

All of my friends with Verizon, regardless of the phone, will send multiples and sometimes receive multiples of text messages. Blackberry, iPhone, and androids on Verizon do it to me (gsm iPhone) and other friends. This has been going on for me for about 2 years. And it's not just Verizon to AT&T my friends with t-mobile and sprint have the same issues with Verizon users.
Much agreed! I've had verizon for four years and no matter what phone you have it'll send sometimes three messages and give you the "failure" notification. Therefore you send it again and end up sending the person four messages consisting of the same thing. I have no idea why it does that.
Old Dec 29, 2011, 03:48 PM   #7
SporkLover
macrumors 6502

How is your signal?

I get this in low signal areas.
SporkLover is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone > iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting