Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Special Interests > Visual Media > Digital Video

Old Feb 28, 2014, 07:02 AM   #1
FrenzyBanana
macrumors regular

Background Music Resources??

where can i get/buy/download background music?
i need instrumentals... acoustic and stuff.

my project's theme is FAMILY DRAMA (Happy drama like reunion, surprise bday), COMEDY and ROMANCE.
FrenzyBanana is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 28, 2014, 07:32 AM   #2
Urbanidad
macrumors newbie

http://www.stockmusic.net is an option, but I would probably recommend to do an express production in GarageBand using a couple of loops. Using loops doesnt require you to have that much musical knowledge.
Cheers.
Urbanidad is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 28, 2014, 10:15 AM   #3
jblongz
macrumors Demi-God

http://AudioJungle.net
Old Feb 28, 2014, 11:53 AM   #4
pinholestars
macrumors member

I like jewelbeat.com. The other one I use is the free trial of videoblocks.com. They give you a free 7 day trial and you can download 20 or so videos/music a day. I've done that a couple times Just make sure you cancel if you don't want the subscription.
pinholestars is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 28, 2014, 02:30 PM   #5
rwbarna
macrumors newbie

Another source.

Freeplay music is another choice.
They charge $0.99 for personal use music (except for use on Youtube, because they put their ads on your work).
Their music covers the spectrum from classical to world to electronic.
rwbarna is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 28, 2014, 09:20 PM   #6
adamneer
macrumors regular

i use premiumbeat.com because they offer 3 formats for each song (full length, :15 :30 and :60 bundle, and loops bundle) so if you find a song you like, you can get whatever format will work with your length. plus, i find their license prices to be very reasonable compared to other sites. i believe every song is $40 for an individual format, or $70 for the combination of all 3 formats. many other sites price each song differently based on popularity (meaning the good songs are always more expensive) and I've seen licenses go for $70 all the way to $500 elsewhere.
adamneer is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 1, 2014, 06:03 AM   #7
geomiga
macrumors newbie

Kevin Macleod music

incompetech.com
geomiga is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 1, 2014, 04:13 PM   #8
Unami
macrumors regular

there's a some professional classical music in the public domain (e.g. the musopen.org kickstarter project: https://archive.org/details/MusopenK...rterRecordings , which includes mozart, bach, beethoven & many more, performed by the prague symphonic orchestra )

also there's a lot of good music available via a "creative commons attribution" license (you can use it for free, even for commercial projects, as long as you give credit to the artist ), but it's a pita searching for it. for example, there's a lot on jamendo.com, but they also try to sell you "professional" licenses (even though you don't need it for the cc-by stuff on their site, and there's also a lot of music licensed under different terms (lice cc-sa). also there's a lot of bad stuff as well.

remember to also contribute something to the cc/free - scene if you're using that stuff on a regular basis.
Unami is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 2, 2014, 07:23 AM   #9
Photoshopper
macrumors regular

Pond 5.com
Old Apr 9, 2014, 02:19 AM   #10
richardsmark99
macrumors newbie

Check this site - http://www.melodyloops.com/instruments/acoustic-guitar/. There are more than two hundreds of background acoustic guitar compositions. These compositions can be downloaded or purchased. Look
richardsmark99 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Apr 18, 2014, 08:54 AM   #11
David N
macrumors member

https://www.themusicbed.com has been great thus far. It's a little pricier than some other alternatives, but you get what you pay for
David N is offline   1 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Special Interests > Visual Media > Digital Video