Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

iphonetoday

macrumors regular
Original poster
May 14, 2009
if we using ebay/amaon application in iphone to purchase product what we want , are they safety enough ?

has anyone in here buying that way yet ? iphone hacker around alot ,

thanks .......

Obscurelight

macrumors 6502
Jul 22, 2011
NYC
the app is created by the amazon so it should be ok since it goes through their secure servers. Just make sure you are on a secured internet connection.

Small White Car

macrumors G4
Aug 29, 2006
Washington DC
Just as secure as any other computer. Possibly moreso, but certainly not worse. If you use your laptop to go to Amazon you should feel fine to use your iPhone.

And even though it should be encrypted and safe, as an extra step I tend to limit shopping to times when I'm on my home Wifi or on 3G. I don't fully trust free public wifi because you don't really know who's running it. But I trust my ISP at home (Verizon) and my cellular provider (AT&T) enough to send sensitive data over their networks.

IrishVixen

macrumors 68020
Jun 20, 2010
Just as secure as any other computer. Possibly moreso, but certainly not worse. If you use your laptop to go to Amazon you should feel fine to use your iPhone.

And even though it should be encrypted and safe, as an extra step I tend to limit shopping to times when I'm on my home Wifi or on 3G. I don't fully trust free public wifi because you don't really know who's running it. But I trust my ISP at home (Verizon) and my cellular provider (AT&T) enough to send sensitive data over their networks.

^^^This. I don't do any kind of password entry over unsecured public wifi, period. I don't care how "secure" the app supposedly is.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.