Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Notebooks > MacBook Air

Old Jul 28, 2011, 02:56 AM   #1
Shafrom
macrumors newbie

Samsung Panel owners - please, calibrate your screens

Hi guys!
One owner of macbook air, already posted message like this. But now I'm asking about calibrating SAMSUNG panel. Can someboby upload your result of calibrating screen (may be you have a proffesional calibrating devices for it or try another way) in color profile? I'm trying do it, but result don't pleasure for me. Thanks.
Shafrom is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 28, 2011, 03:25 AM   #2
shawnmac
macrumors member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shafrom View Post
Hi guys!
One owner of macbook air, already posted message like this. But now I'm asking about calibrating SAMSUNG panel. Can someboby upload your result of calibrating screen (may be you have a proffesional calibrating devices for it or try another way) in color profile? I'm trying do it, but result don't pleasure for me. Thanks.
Are you unhappy with the way your screen looks by default?
shawnmac is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 28, 2011, 04:07 AM   #3
Shafrom
macrumors newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by shawnmac View Post
Are you unhappy with the way your screen looks by default?
Yes, default color settings, seems me incorrect. I'm was try to change it (calibrate), but result little bit better, but far away from true color... May be some guys try calibrate and get another result. I wanna try another color profile, perhaps it pleasure for me much better. Please help me for experience.
Shafrom is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 28, 2011, 09:30 AM   #4
rds
macrumors regular

No need to calibrate the Samsung display. You must have the substandard LG or poor eyesight if you can't see God's reflection in the background.
rds is offline   4 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 28, 2011, 11:23 AM   #5
stevenpa
macrumors 6502

I'm looking for something as well. The Pro Compared to a 15' MBP the colors are slightly off. It's slightly yellowish dull on some of the colors and the blacks are not dark enough. The ProPhoto RGB is ok, but too blue.

And I have a Samsung display for sure. It's not bad, but there definitely could be some calibration improvement.
stevenpa is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 29, 2011, 02:10 PM   #6
IngerMan
macrumors 6502a

I have the Samsung screen on my 2010 MBA. I think the colors were a bit washed out. I purchased SuperCal today and the colors are more rich. I went through the process about 6 times but each time was very close to each other. Attached is my profile.

It is deeper and takes some getting used to for me since I been looking at it the other way for 6 months. But the colors are actual colors now.
Attached Files
File Type: zip SupercalMBA1st.icc.zip (1.1 KB, 934 views)
Old Jul 29, 2011, 02:28 PM   #7
JSalig
macrumors regular

I'd also be interested in this. I'm terrible at calibration.
JSalig is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 12, 2011, 02:15 PM   #8
torroa
macrumors newbie

@IngerMan

Thanks for sharing the profile. I have the Huey calibrator, but not been able to use it since OSx Leopard (still no support for SL) :P

Been trying to calibrate my Samsung display on the new 13" MBA, without success. With the attached I can now see all the shades of gray. The OEM profile only showed the last 5. The colours seems to be spot on also. The only downside is that the contrast is a bit over the scale..

http://www.socomnutzclan.com/images/Brightness.jpg

Last edited by torroa; Aug 12, 2011 at 04:03 PM.
torroa is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 12, 2011, 02:59 PM   #9
Apple Expert
macrumors 65816

I would like to see if someone can post a calibration file for this display. The LG thread has many responses. Hopefully this one can too.
Apple Expert is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 12, 2011, 05:20 PM   #10
CrazyMBalla
macrumors newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by IngerMan View Post
I have the Samsung screen on my 2010 MBA. I think the colors were a bit washed out. I purchased SuperCal today and the colors are more rich. I went through the process about 6 times but each time was very close to each other. Attached is my profile.

It is deeper and takes some getting used to for me since I been looking at it the other way for 6 months. But the colors are actual colors now.
Makes my screens colour very rich looking. Thanks for the post!
CrazyMBalla is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 13, 2011, 01:38 AM   #11
bill-p
macrumors 65816

Here is my profile for a 2010 13" MBA.

Not really looking for color accuracy here. More for brighter and vibrant look based on my 13" MBP. The profile from IngerMan looks like it has a purple tint on my screen.
Attached Files
File Type: zip Samsung LCD Calibrated.icc.zip (10.1 KB, 658 views)
bill-p is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 13, 2011, 01:54 AM   #12
DJiGGs
macrumors newbie

How do you use this icc files?

can someone show how to change the profile??
DJiGGs is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 13, 2011, 02:22 AM   #13
bill-p
macrumors 65816

Unzip and copy the icc profile to either

"Users/your_user_folder/Library/ColorSync/Profiles/"

or...

"Library/ColorSync/Profiles/"

Then go to Settings > Display > Color and make sure "Show profiles for this display only" is unchecked. Look for the profile in the list and click on the name.

Mine is "Samsung LCD Calibrated".
Old Aug 13, 2011, 03:07 AM   #14
The Catalyst
macrumors 6502

Interesting thread; curious to see how this all turns out.
The Catalyst is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 13, 2011, 12:55 PM   #15
DJiGGs
macrumors newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bill-p View Post
Unzip and copy the icc profile to either

"Users/your_user_folder/Library/ColorSync/Profiles/"

or...

"Library/ColorSync/Profiles/"

Then go to Settings > Display > Color and make sure "Show profiles for this display only" is unchecked. Look for the profile in the list and click on the name.

Mine is "Samsung LCD Calibrated".
Thanks man. The calibrated screen looks more rich in color compared to the standard screen it comes with
DJiGGs is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 10, 2011, 08:46 PM   #16
coolguy1
macrumors member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bill-p View Post
Here is my profile for a 2010 13" MBA.

Not really looking for color accuracy here. More for brighter and vibrant look based on my 13" MBP. The profile from IngerMan looks like it has a purple tint on my screen.
Very nice!! big difference and my 13" 2011 Samsung looks like more like 13" 2010
coolguy1 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 11, 2011, 09:01 AM   #17
blulite
macrumors newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolguy1 View Post
Very nice!! big difference and my 13" 2011 Samsung looks like more like 13" 2010
I just tried. While I like the changes in contrast for photos, when I compare text only programs I loose a lot of the high-lights and contrasts there. (I'm using Microsoft Outlook under Parallels). I think I'm gonna stick with the default calibration.

Jeff
blulite is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 11, 2011, 12:53 PM   #18
bill-p
macrumors 65816

Here is a new profile. It's boosting contrast mostly, so super dark elements will appear very... dark.

But otherwise color vibrance should be better than the last one I posted. Sharpness should also be better (due to the boosted contrast). Try this one instead.
Attached Files
File Type: zip samsungicc.zip (10.0 KB, 560 views)
Old Sep 11, 2011, 03:23 PM   #19
oneMadRssn
macrumors 6502a

I like them both bill-p. Thanks!
oneMadRssn is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 11, 2011, 04:29 PM   #20
ipodlover77
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by IngerMan View Post

holy effing cow. those colors are EXTREMELY rich. i love it but at the same time it kind of gives me a headache. if that makes sense.
ipodlover77 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 11, 2011, 05:27 PM   #21
IngerMan
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by ipodlover77 View Post
holy effing cow. those colors are EXTREMELY rich. i love it but at the same time it kind of gives me a headache. if that makes sense.
Yes a little much. I no longer have the 13 inch machine. But I did use SuperCal on my new 11" with similar results. I found the best results are people that posted using the Spider software.
Old Sep 15, 2011, 09:11 PM   #22
minnus
macrumors 6502

It is a rather large disparity...

so many calibration profiles for the LG thread, yet a total of 20 posts for Samsung's calibration thread.
minnus is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 20, 2012, 01:57 PM   #23
skydesigner
macrumors newbie

Lsn133bt01a02

I just got my Macbook Air 13". It has the LSN133BT01A02 Panel.

Anyone got a icc Profile made with a prof. tool? It would be great if he/she could post it here!
skydesigner is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 22, 2012, 12:57 AM   #24
Purr
macrumors newbie

Seconding skydesigner's request. I tried a couple of profiles posted around the forums, but none of them got rid of that slightly yellowish tint.
Purr is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 23, 2012, 10:55 AM   #25
diha1977
macrumors newbie

The profile posted by IngerMan for the MacBook Air 2010 made my screen look really good. The colours and the contrast is perfect.

Thank's a lot for posting that profile.
diha1977 is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Notebooks > MacBook Air