Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

DyManic

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 6, 2009
Birmingham, UK
Looking at possibly heading down to the Bullring centre at lunch time to pick up either a base mini or the 2.5.

Is there any way to tell if they have them in stock before heading out? I looked on the Apple Store app on my iphone and there is no option to reserve mac minis - does this mean they are not in stock?

Have been missing the world of OSX since I sold my Macbook Pro about a year ago. Lion and the new Mini has tempted me back.

Kebabselector

macrumors 68030
May 25, 2007
Birmingham, UK
I spoke to them the other day - they do have stock, but as of yesterday it's not on display - but i'd call them first.

They still have the old C2D server on display. Initially I had to do a double take as the prices on the displaypad™ was from £479' - but that's the price they are shifting the old C2D (non server) mini for.

It's a busy place at the moment as the schools are off.

Last edited:

DyManic

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 6, 2009
Birmingham, UK
Thanks, was hoping to have a play with one.

Will give them a call before heading off.

Now, how to swing this purchase past the Mrs....

DyManic

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 6, 2009
Birmingham, UK
Just picked up my mini and a magic trackpad - cant wait to start using it :)

So many little things in Windows 7 that have been annoying me recently.

I didn't notice if they had any of the old model on offer sorry - they had the new one on display but someone was using it.

dh2005

macrumors 6502a
Jan 25, 2010
i want in on these old ones to shift :| where!

Pffff... really? You want to pay £479 for the entry level 2010 Mini?

Choice is yours, of course: but it's horrible value, mate. Particularly when another fifty quid buys something significantly quicker (albeit with slightly inferior graphics, and sans SuperDrive).

Bad buy, if you ask me. Which you didn't! Ignore at will...!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.