Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

tipman2000

macrumors member
Original poster
Nov 29, 2009
hi all, i have a problem and that is that whenever i need to force reboot my macbook after a crash, it is extremely slow after the reboot. It usually takes around 30 seconds to start but when i force reboot it, it takes around a whole minute to do anything. Also, once it does start up, it is very unresponsive and i cant seem to even type out a sentence without it hanging for a minute. I figure this is a HDD problem as nothing else would cause it to hang that i know of. btw i must force shut down because i have this old game some of you may know called "halo" that likes to crash alot. Once it does i cant com+Q or anything and the computer freezes up. any help appreciated!!

Rory Bhoy

macrumors newbie
Jul 24, 2008
UK
Maybe Memory!

Maybe you've reached the memory capacity on your HD. Try cleaning the HD out with unwanted files/folders etc. That might help.

tipman2000

macrumors member
Original poster
Nov 29, 2009
thanks. not sure what is causing still but i have 100gigs left on a 320gig platter.

i guess crap just gets old huh...
ill have to eventually do a full restore to return this machine to its glory!

with lion the problem only gets worse as this supposedly state of the art core2duo hangs at every opportunity

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.