Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Killery96

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Mar 20, 2011
Hey Mac Rumors Gamers, all of you who have been anticipating Diablo 3's release, I have a little news for you. As you all probably know, Blizzard stated they are aiming for a Q4 2011 release. There's speculation they actually meant Q1, 2014, however we're trying to be optimistic. Okay, I'll drop a link, then explain for those of you who may not want to follow:

http://diablo3champion.com/news/possible-diablo-3-july-27th-press-event-leak/

That's a link to Diablo3Champion, an update site where a ton of fans and waiting gamers get updated on the latest news. I'm not as hard into that as some, however lemme explain recent events. Blizzcon is in October, and many people think that the D3 beta will be released before that. Now, Blizzard recently held a media event (yesterday, July 27), at which some Battle.net features and a D3 Beta demo were shown, and those invited were allowed a few hours of game time. Now, Blizzard being Blizzard, there was an NDA (Non-Discolure Agreement, shush up) till 4 days later, August 1st. However, some fellow claims to have gone there, and has leaked info via Twitter, about the contents of the Beta and everything, as well as a date!

The link above is simply a reference to 50 different statements about Diablo 3, the Beta, the Media Event, and Battle.net. It all seems relatively credible and is definitely believable. For those of you who don't want to go read through hundreds of sentences, here's the biggest piece of news:

Apparently, according to D3Anonymous (his twitter title) - we can expect to see a Diablo 3 Beta in mid August (August 15th he says)

WHAT'S IN THE BETA:
- New Battle.net features
- Most of Act 1 (minus bosses and ending)
- Tiny bits of Acts 2 & 3 (no quests)
- Arena (PvP multi-player)

ALL THE ABOVE - should be viewed as speculation as there's no definite proof that this fellow isn't just leading fans on. But, it's something to look forward to, and it'll be confirmed in 3 days, on August 1st.

E.

- UPDAAAAAAAATTTTTTTTEEEEEEEEEEE - ^^ = False, as proclaimed by the original distributor. Hahaha... ...I feel terrible XP

Last edited:

Washac

macrumors 68030
Jul 2, 2006
Hello

Sorry, but I take everything that I read regarding the Diablo III release with a pinch of salt.

I will just wait until the actual release, no amount of speculation and rumour is going to make that happen faster :)

Oops, did not see the update right at the bottom there, maybe an idea to move it up closer.

In all the years of computers and gaming have I known a company to hold something so close to their chests, something normaly gets out, Blizzard employees must under some sort of heavy orders on this one.

Rocco83

macrumors 6502
Jul 3, 2011
Although I've been waiting for Diablo III for 10 years, I really hope it doesn't come out this fall. With the line up of games coming out his fall I won't have time for them all. :( right now I was really just hoping for Battlefield 3, Elder Scrolls: Skyrim, SW:TOR, And AC: Revelations. This fall's lineup mit be the best yet!

Tomorrow

macrumors 604
Mar 2, 2008
Always a day away
Although I've been waiting for Diablo III for 10 years, I really hope it doesn't come out this fall. With the line up of games coming out his fall I won't have time for them all. :( right now I was really just hoping for Battlefield 3, Elder Scrolls: Skyrim, SW:TOR, And AC: Revelations. This fall's lineup mit be the best yet!

I've been looking forward to D3 ever since the 1.10 release of D2, but now that Deus Ex 3 is coming out soon, I can wait a bit longer for Diablo 3. :cool:

atticus570

macrumors regular
Jun 15, 2010

Man between bf3 ,mw3 ,resistance 3 ,batman ,uncharted 3 Im broke

chrono1081

macrumors G3
Jan 26, 2008
Isla Nublar
Sadly I just about consider Diablo 3 vaporware at this point. I remember the first teasers coming out either two or three years ago. Blizzard seriously has no excuse for such long development times when there are companies who make games just as good, and better in shorter time frames.

I definitely understand games take time, I know, I make them but geese.

Killery96

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Mar 20, 2011
Well, Diablo 3 news does tend to mean pinches of salt all around, however on August 1st, the web will be pervaded by news of the Beta's date. It seems like Blizzard manages to make all of their games a huge publicity deal, and therefore tons of people get sucked into their events and media showings related to the game. But I think Diablo 3 will be a magnificent enough title to be worth the long wait.

Fugue

macrumors 6502
Jan 14, 2011
I have never really "played" Diablo, maybe I tried Diablo II for some hours, so I never got a chance to experience it's glory. I do play Torchlight, and from what I understand they are very similar. What is so enticing about Diablo? Torchlight got boring after investing about 10 - 15 hours into it, and I don't have the time to try the mods.

Killery96

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Mar 20, 2011
I have never really "played" Diablo, maybe I tried Diablo II for some hours, so I never got a chance to experience it's glory. I do play Torchlight, and from what I understand they are very similar. What is so enticing about Diablo? Torchlight got boring after investing about 10 - 15 hours into it, and I don't have the time to try the mods.

Torchlight was built to replicate Diablo 3 for those who felt like it was purgatory to wait. Diablo 3 has the latest and greatest graphics, physics, and development. It's a multiplayer experience as well, and gameplay wise should far out-go anything Torchlight could come up with.

Acorn

macrumors 68030
Jan 2, 2009
macrumors
I have diablo 3 worked into my retirement plan. soon as i turn 65 diablo 3 should be out and i can collect.

as far as "keeping up with diablo 3 news" thats a totally worthless endeaver

Killery96

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Mar 20, 2011
I have diablo 3 worked into my retirement plan. soon as i turn 65 diablo 3 should be out and i can collect.

as far as "keeping up with diablo 3 news" thats a totally worthless endeaver[/QUOTE

Well, unless you didn't get the memo, D3 beta's due to start in August or September, and the game's bein released this year... Big 'media event' leak tomorrow.

CalBoy

macrumors 604
May 21, 2007
I've been looking forward to D3 ever since the 1.10 release of D2, but now that Deus Ex 3 is coming out soon, I can wait a bit longer for Diablo 3. :cool:

I remember thinking that D3 could come out by the time I was done with high school, then I thought "when undergrad is done." now I'm at "when law school is behind me."

The optimist in me says it will be out by the time I've passed the bar. The pessimist in me says it will be by the time I'm ready to retire from it.

Tomorrow

macrumors 604
Mar 2, 2008
Always a day away
I remember thinking that D3 could come out by the time I was done with high school, then I thought "when undergrad is done." now I'm at "when law school is behind me."

The optimist in me says it will be out by the time I've passed the bar. The pessimist in me says it will be by the time I'm ready to retire from it.

I hope it doesn't end up like Duke Nukem Forever or Chinese Democracy - you know, by the time it comes out nobody gives a crap anymore? :D

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.