Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

rimmi2002

macrumors member
Original poster
Apr 6, 2011
Some changes in Lion just suck.

I can't seem to find the draging by touchpad option anywhere. On SL I had tap to click on and then underneath that was I can double tap with one finger to select items and drag items etc..acted like left click hold on a mouse. I can't seem to find how to do that with Lion.

I really hope there is a way to do that. If so can you please let me know. Thanks. All I see is the three finger drag which is really annoying.

hekokimushi

macrumors regular
Oct 27, 2008
settings everywhere... hidden...

i did find Leopard and snow leopard much more mature. things were right. not needing to disable this or that to regain more Snow Leopard alike.

still no one can by default have the "Reopen windows when logging back in" uncheck...

Is apple slacking? is iOS really just a campaign to attract iphone/iPad users to the mac computing and give them some window-alike annoyance so they don't feel too remote or just putting every existing mac users off??

seong

macrumors 65816
Feb 11, 2010
I actually like the change. The new option is either to click-drag or three finger drag. I hated the double tap, because I would get tired of the trackpad to register it as 'drag' which takes like a second.
Just try the new method. I went back to my hold 'click and drag' method.

MacManiac76

macrumors 68000
Apr 21, 2007
Arizona
I actually like the change. The new option is either to click-drag or three finger drag. I hated the double tap, because I would get tired of the trackpad to register it as 'drag' which takes like a second.
Just try the new method. I went back to my hold 'click and drag' method.

I have no lag when using the tap-to-drag option. I literally never click my Magic Trackpad at all and only use taps and gestures for all interaction.

I do agree it is strange they buried the option in the Universal Access preferences.

rimmi2002

macrumors member
Original poster
Apr 6, 2011
There you go. I don't know why they buried some options in Universal Access :confused:

Thanks that helps a lot. Yeah I have no idea why they did that too. Lion is great in terms of performance, but some things that apple has done to force users to use the computer a certain way are really annoying!!

I have my tap to drag activated now. Just turned in my 13 inch mac book pro to get an air....and now the new annoying thing with the airs is that the screen quality compared to the pro is really bad. The colors look washed out. Its really nice because its so light and very fast for day to day work...but the how could apple compromise on screen quality. this is the one thing they are always known for and one reason their products sell more than competition because the screen quality if always good!

scales

macrumors newbie
Feb 9, 2012
System Preferences > Universal Access > Mouse & Trackpad > Trackpad Options... > Dragging

thank you so much i was really getting aggittated with the new dragging since its really hard for me to drag things using my trackpad!.

scales

macrumors newbie
Feb 9, 2012
Some changes in Lion just suck.

I can't seem to find the draging by touchpad option anywhere. On SL I had tap to click on and then underneath that was I can double tap with one finger to select items and drag items etc..acted like left click hold on a mouse. I can't seem to find how to do that with Lion.

I really hope there is a way to do that. If so can you please let me know. Thanks. All I see is the three finger drag which is really annoying.

System Preferences > Universal Access > Mouse & Trackpad > Trackpad Options... > Dragging

PlaceofDis

macrumors Core
Jan 6, 2004
i was getting fed up looking for that option myself since i knew it was in system preferences somewhere. this really should be in the most sensible area as an option if you ask me.

LilyT

macrumors newbie
Dec 16, 2012
Thank you, Reil, I just was wasting a ton of time trying to figure it out. Saved my butt, and my sanity there!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.