Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Indigovalley

macrumors regular
Original poster
May 14, 2011
Minnesota, USA
I just went to Apple and they are updating the site. I wanted to check on refurbished Mac Airs but can't get to the page. The site is down.

I wonder what is going on? Or is this normal?

Cynicalone

macrumors 68040
Jul 9, 2008
Okie land
Should just be maintenance.

Strange to do it on a Thursday.

Could be they are just cleaning up from the Lion launch. Removing all the Snow Leopard references.

alectheking

macrumors 6502a
Mar 9, 2010
Idk but I'm pissed because I want to initiate a return on my spanking new maxed out Air. Waited a week and 1 day in the screen ***** out on me. Hasn't left the desk I opened it on powered it up to see horizontal rows of pixels. I'm pissed

greyshot

macrumors newbie
Jul 28, 2011
Idk but I'm pissed because I want to initiate a return on my spanking new maxed out Air. Waited a week and 1 day in the screen ***** out on me. Hasn't left the desk I opened it on powered it up to see horizontal rows of pixels. I'm pissed

Ok, sad day. **** happens, get over it and return it when you can. its not like they can tell you that they cant do anything about it.

jbg232

macrumors 65816
Oct 15, 2007
Its just general maintenance, nothing new.

I thought maintenance was usually done on a weekend though, and Apple has been known to release products on a Friday.

However, most likely it is still just maintenance (but I hope I'm wrong).

Intell

macrumors P6
Jan 24, 2010
Inside
I thought maintenance was usually done on a weekend though, and Apple has been known to release products on a Friday.

However, most likely it is still just maintenance (but I hope I'm wrong).

Hard drives and logic boards of critical servers don't die on a schedule. They die when they want to die, usually when they are needed most.

jbg232

macrumors 65816
Oct 15, 2007
Hard drives and logic boards of critical servers don't die on a schedule. They die when they want to die, usually when they are needed most.

Interestingly though, all the international stores are down as well.

Jest3r

macrumors regular
Nov 22, 2010

Surely you jest if you're implying that one of the top selling retail websites on the planet has a single point of failure...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.