Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone > iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting

Old Jul 29, 2011, 02:03 AM   #1
juliatran
macrumors newbie

iPhone won't turn on after attempted restore

Hi

I attempted to completely restore my iphone today, and it completed. However, when it was attempting to restart afterwards, the phone just got stuck at the loading screen with the apple sign and loading wheel. I powered off and on and the phone gets stuck at the exact same loading screen with the apple sign and wheel. I've tried rebooting in DFU mode (still stuck at screen) and recboot (doesn't do anything). Can anyone give me some advice PLEASE?! Help is very much appreciated. Thanks so much!

It's an iPhone 3g btw. I got it from someone else, they had it jailbroken, and I was attempting to restore in order to delete all their contacts.
juliatran is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 29, 2011, 02:13 AM   #2
awadeee
macrumors 68020

Quote:
Originally Posted by juliatran View Post
Hi

I attempted to completely restore my iphone today, and it completed. However, when it was attempting to restart afterwards, the phone just got stuck at the loading screen with the apple sign and loading wheel. I powered off and on and the phone gets stuck at the exact same loading screen with the apple sign and wheel. I've tried rebooting in DFU mode (still stuck at screen) and recboot (doesn't do anything). Can anyone give me some advice PLEASE?! Help is very much appreciated. Thanks so much!

It's an iPhone 3g btw. I got it from someone else, they had it jailbroken, and I was attempting to restore in order to delete all their contacts.
Was the baseband 6.15.00? Try putting the phone in "pwned" DFU mode and restoring to a custom firmware bundle.
Old Jul 29, 2011, 03:31 AM   #3
juliatran
macrumors newbie

I just downloaded that and tried it, and it won't let me boot into pwned DFU mode, either.
juliatran is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 29, 2011, 08:14 AM   #4
Abs_p
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Originally Posted by juliatran View Post
I just downloaded that and tried it, and it won't let me boot into pwned DFU mode, either.
Use redsn0w to put in dfu :-)
U can even restore to a stock 3.1.3 and use tiny umbrella to exit recovery when u get 1015
Tried and tested method z
Abs_p is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone > iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting