Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPod touch

Old Jul 29, 2011, 04:05 PM   #1
meredithmc
macrumors newbie

Ipod touch 4g will not turn on or charge, and computers will not recognize it

I have had my ipod touch 4g since Dec. and have had no problems until now. Recently the battery drained like it normally does, and shut off. I plugged it in to a pc and it wouldn't show that it was charging and the computer didn't recognize it. I tried pressing the home and power buttons at the same time, and that did not work. I tried the same things with it plugged into a macbook, but still it won't charge or be recognized. I have left it plugged in for a day, but it isn't charging. Is there anything I can do or do I need to take it to the Apple Store to get it fixed or replaced?
meredithmc is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 29, 2011, 04:45 PM   #2
bb25
macrumors newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by meredithmc View Post
I have had my ipod touch 4g since Dec. and have had no problems until now. Recently the battery drained like it normally does, and shut off. I plugged it in to a pc and it wouldn't show that it was charging and the computer didn't recognize it. I tried pressing the home and power buttons at the same time, and that did not work. I tried the same things with it plugged into a macbook, but still it won't charge or be recognized. I have left it plugged in for a day, but it isn't charging. Is there anything I can do or do I need to take it to the Apple Store to get it fixed or replaced?
If you put it in recovery mode and it still didn't boot up then you should take it into the Apple Store and see what they have to say about it.
bb25 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 29, 2011, 04:48 PM   #3
keljan
macrumors newbie

see 'stuck in restore loop' post

Quote:
Originally Posted by meredithmc View Post
Hey there, my daughters touch was in a similar state, no recognition of the machine anywhere, and was stuck in a recovery mode loop. We charged it up on her stereo, then went through the recboot process suggested by the gentleman on "stuck in restore loop" post, AND IT WORKED. Give it a try, worst it can do is not work. It also restored all her music an d even pictures, etc.

Last edited by keljan; Jul 29, 2011 at 04:50 PM. Reason: more info
keljan is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 29, 2011, 11:39 PM   #4
Tech Elementz
macrumors 6502

Try charging via an AC adapter...
Tech Elementz is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 30, 2011, 01:49 PM   #5
meredithmc
macrumors newbie

Okay, yes, I have tried to get it into recovery mode. I don't have a stereo or dock that will charge the iPod touch or an AC adapter. I think I will take it to the Apple Store today since I will already be close by. Thanks for the suggestions, though!
meredithmc is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPod touch