Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Mike84

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 23, 2010
I have a MBA (2nd gen non thunderbolt). One of the things I love about my MBA is simply closing the lid and knowing that when I open it back up in an hour or a day that the battery will be the same.

Unfortunately, ever since I upgraded to Lion, the battery decreases a lot more than I had ever expected. For example, I had 42% left and I closed the lid. An hour after the battery was at 23%. I have drained the battery per Apple's instructions on their site, however this hasn't worked.

It seems as if Lion allows programs to run in the background? This has never happened before with Snow leopard.

Is anyone else experiencing this with their mac?

bobnlyne

macrumors member
Jul 14, 2011
San Antonio
I have a MBA (2nd gen non thunderbolt). One of the things I love about my MBA is simply closing the lid and knowing that when I open it back up in an hour or a day that the battery will be the same.

Unfortunately, ever since I upgraded to Lion, the battery decreases a lot more than I had ever expected. For example, I had 42% left and I closed the lid. An hour after the battery was at 23%. I have drained the battery per Apple's instructions on their site, however this hasn't worked.

It seems as if Lion allows programs to run in the background? This has never happened before with Snow leopard.

Is anyone else experiencing this with their mac?

Yup, although I'm losing only 6-8%. And if you listen closely you will hear the fan running. Mine comes on immediately upon opening the lid. I'm sure that doesn't help.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.