Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPad

Old Jul 31, 2011, 02:45 AM   #1
Piggie
macrumors 601

How to get Google Chrome bookmarks onto iPad Safari ?

Wondering if anyone knows a way to do this?
I had a little Google search for help but did not find anything much, so that I'd ask the experts here

I have all my bookmarks set up great in Google chrome on two PC's and I'd like them the same on my iPad. And I'm hoping there is some way to sync/copy these bookmarks across to Safari on the iPad.

Can anyone help?

I'm sure there must be hundreds, if not many thousands of people who would like to do the same.
Old Jul 31, 2011, 03:52 AM   #2
sahajesh
macrumors member

Send a message via MSN to sahajesh
Use xmarks for bookmark syncing across the two browsers

http://www.xmarks.com/
sahajesh is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 31, 2011, 03:53 AM   #3
mrlowkey
macrumors member

I use chromesync ...fast & simple to add bookmarks to my ipad safari & atomic web browsers
mrlowkey is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 31, 2011, 06:27 AM   #4
bpaluzzi
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrlowkey View Post
I use chromesync ...fast & simple to add bookmarks to my ipad safari & atomic web browsers
How does that work? I haven't found anything about syncing to iOS browsers -- is there an iOS app for chromesync?

Cheers,
b
Old Jul 31, 2011, 06:46 AM   #5
Piggie
macrumors 601

Thanks for the suggestions of Xmarks and Chromesync

Xmarks does not mention iPad, and it says something about using the xmarks app on the iphone to access your bookmarks. It does not really say anything along the lines of getting your Google Chrome desktop favorites to show up as Safari shortcut/favorites on the iPad.

Not sure it's worth $23 just to save me entering it in manually.
Even if it does work, which it does not say it does.
Old Jul 31, 2011, 07:56 AM   #6
kapolani
macrumors regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Piggie View Post

Xmarks does not mention iPad, and it says something about using the xmarks app on the iphone to access your bookmarks. It does not really say anything along the lines of getting your Google Chrome desktop favorites to show up as Safari shortcut/favorites on the iPad.

Do you have a Mac? Hackintosh?

I use chrome on my MBA. To quickly get me favorites/links to my iPhone/iPad I copied the folders and links using the Bookmarks manager. I then pasted them to Safari's bookmark manager. I have MobileMe with bookmarks synced so that they get pushed to my devices.

Not the best solution, but it works.
kapolani is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 31, 2011, 08:02 AM   #7
sahajesh
macrumors member

Send a message via MSN to sahajesh
Quote:
Originally Posted by Piggie View Post

Hi,

xmarks is free and will sync bookmarks between browsers - your iPad can therefore get the latest bookmarks from desktop Safari if you open that browser and let it sync.

There probably are more elegant ways but that works for free and is free as well.
sahajesh is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPad