Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

bxchiss

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 31, 2011
Hey, I had a question for you guys and would appreciate your help. I downloaded the new 4.2.10 update for my Verizon iPhone and just found out that there is no untethered jailbreak for this update. Is there any possible way to revert back to 4.2.8? I really hope so....

Thanks for the help! : )

PsstGreek

macrumors 68040
Oct 21, 2010
Tampa Bay
Hey, I had a question for you guys and would appreciate your help. I downloaded the new 4.2.10 update for my Verizon iPhone and just found out that there is no untethered jailbreak for this update. Is there any possible way to revert back to 4.2.8? I really hope so....

Thanks for the help! : )

Only if you have the SHSH saved.

bxchiss

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 31, 2011
thanks for the reply, i appreciate it! i do not have any SHSH saved. Can i download a stock 4.2.8??

thanks again.

bxchiss

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 31, 2011
wow, so pretty much i'm screwed? my screen is cracked and i have insurance, i wonder if i use my insurance to get a new one right now if it will have the old firmware on it since they just did the update.

mikelegacy

macrumors 65816
Dec 5, 2010
Pittsburgh, PA
wow, so pretty much i'm screwed? my screen is cracked and i have insurance, i wonder if i use my insurance to get a new one right now if it will have the old firmware on it since they just did the update.
Yes, you are screwed. There is NO way to revert back without the SHSH blobs.

And no, the refurbed phone will come up to date im sure. You might get lucky.

bxchiss

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 31, 2011
Ahhhh ok! Thanks for the quick replies fellas, you provided me with all my answers! Do you think somebody will eventually come up with a untethered jailbreak for this new update 4.2.10?

bxchiss

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 31, 2011
You guys are awesome! If i'm running a tethered JB and download something will it make me reboot my phone to complete the download or whatever?

PsstGreek

macrumors 68040
Oct 21, 2010
Tampa Bay
You guys are awesome! If i'm running a tethered JB and download something will it make me reboot my phone to complete the download or whatever?

If you need to reboot or turn off/on your iPhone, you'll need to run redsn0w to turn it back on.

mikelegacy

macrumors 65816
Dec 5, 2010
Pittsburgh, PA
What PSSTGeek said, and also remember, iPhone's do crazy things sometimes. It's not too often that mine turns off automatically, but when it does, if I was stuck on a tethered JB, i'd be screwed if I was out and about.

I would stay away from tethered JBs at all costs.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.