Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone > iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting

Old Jul 31, 2011, 03:12 AM   #1
bxchiss
macrumors newbie

Is it possible to revert back to a previous software version?

Hey, I had a question for you guys and would appreciate your help. I downloaded the new 4.2.10 update for my Verizon iPhone and just found out that there is no untethered jailbreak for this update. Is there any possible way to revert back to 4.2.8? I really hope so....

Thanks for the help! : )
bxchiss is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 31, 2011, 08:47 AM   #2
PsstGreek
macrumors 68040

Quote:
Originally Posted by bxchiss View Post
Hey, I had a question for you guys and would appreciate your help. I downloaded the new 4.2.10 update for my Verizon iPhone and just found out that there is no untethered jailbreak for this update. Is there any possible way to revert back to 4.2.8? I really hope so....

Thanks for the help! : )
Only if you have the SHSH saved.
Old Jul 31, 2011, 01:15 PM   #3
bxchiss
macrumors newbie

thanks for the reply, i appreciate it! i do not have any SHSH saved. Can i download a stock 4.2.8??

thanks again.
Old Jul 31, 2011, 01:21 PM   #4
rgarjr
macrumors 603

U can download any version u want but u won't be able to install it on your phone, brah.
rgarjr is online now   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 31, 2011, 01:30 PM   #5
bxchiss
macrumors newbie

wow, so pretty much i'm screwed? my screen is cracked and i have insurance, i wonder if i use my insurance to get a new one right now if it will have the old firmware on it since they just did the update.
Old Jul 31, 2011, 01:38 PM   #6
mikelegacy
macrumors 65816

Quote:
wow, so pretty much i'm screwed? my screen is cracked and i have insurance, i wonder if i use my insurance to get a new one right now if it will have the old firmware on it since they just did the update.
Yes, you are screwed. There is NO way to revert back without the SHSH blobs.

And no, the refurbed phone will come up to date im sure. You might get lucky.
Old Jul 31, 2011, 01:45 PM   #7
bxchiss
macrumors newbie

Ahhhh ok! Thanks for the quick replies fellas, you provided me with all my answers! Do you think somebody will eventually come up with a untethered jailbreak for this new update 4.2.10?
Old Jul 31, 2011, 01:49 PM   #8
mikelegacy
macrumors 65816

Quote:
Ahhhh ok! Thanks for the quick replies fellas, you provided me with all my answers! Do you think somebody will eventually come up with a untethered jailbreak for this new update 4.2.10?
Yes. Definitely.
Old Jul 31, 2011, 01:55 PM   #9
rgarjr
macrumors 603

They probably are going to wait for iOS 5 to do another JB. For now I guess you can just run the untethered and don't re-boot too often.
rgarjr is online now   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 31, 2011, 01:59 PM   #10
bxchiss
macrumors newbie

You guys are awesome! If i'm running a tethered JB and download something will it make me reboot my phone to complete the download or whatever?
Old Jul 31, 2011, 02:13 PM   #11
PsstGreek
macrumors 68040

Quote:
You guys are awesome! If i'm running a tethered JB and download something will it make me reboot my phone to complete the download or whatever?
If you need to reboot or turn off/on your iPhone, you'll need to run redsn0w to turn it back on.
Old Jul 31, 2011, 03:36 PM   #12
mikelegacy
macrumors 65816

Quote:
What PSSTGeek said, and also remember, iPhone's do crazy things sometimes. It's not too often that mine turns off automatically, but when it does, if I was stuck on a tethered JB, i'd be screwed if I was out and about.

I would stay away from tethered JBs at all costs.

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone > iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting